Sour Livers & Blueberry Kush [autos]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HarveyHarvester, Nov 24, 2017.

1. I don't recall what variety of haze you grew but am glad it turned out so well. I have been running the lights right around 8" from the reflectors, probably closer to 9 or 10" to the actual leds.

I raised the temps on 'em a bit last week and am thinking they didn't like that. i see leaves curling up and think that's heat stress.
    I dialed it back a tic.

The kush is now shedding the lower leaves... makes watering easier. Not the livers though, that bushy beast don't want to let go of any yet and is hard to water in that space... even with my sprayer. I'll keep tuggin' on 'em. lol.

2. #22 frankslan, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    hey when they shed the lower leaves do you notice the tips of the leaves will be like a black dark brown. Im trying to figure out if its natural people have been telling me it is but idk.

Oh you have reflectors take those off you don't need them in your space. Thats for open air and ya 8 inches with reflectors is probably too much.

3. Thanks!
    I took 'em off and have 10" on the kush and 15" on the livers... measured it.

may have been blackish, some were from lying in the dirt but other than that, haven't really noticed any but sine i am discarding them, may not have noticed/cared. They are usually all yellow/discolored anyway except for some really small ones that also fall off when tugged on.

4. cool that will give you better spread too plus which such a small space you wont need that intensity.

5. Guess I should update the neglected journal...
    In week 9 (day 61) now and both plants have been diagnosed with nutrient lockout. Too much nutrients & not enough runoff i suspect.
    The sour was flushed the 12th., is back on the ferts and appears to be on the road to recovery while the kush was just flushed today and looks a little rough.

Here's the sour liver before the flush (yuk):
    100_0861.JPG

And these were taken yesterday, 15th., day 60
    in no particular order...
    100_0870.JPG 100_0871.JPG 100_0872.JPG 100_0873.JPG 100_0874.JPG 100_0869.JPG

6. Into week 10 now (day 65) and the sour looks to be about finished to me but the kush isn't that far along yet.

Sour Liver
    W10.D64-SL.JPG
    Blueberry Kush
    W10.D64-BK (3).JPG

W10.D64-BK (2).JPG

7. blueberry kush looks great still even with the setbacks I think its going to be fire.

8. Thanks Frank.
    I don't expect much yield from the sour... just the fact that its so leafy won't allow any light penetration. and the lockout setback didn't help. It may surprise me once i see whats under all the leaves but I think those visible tops are about all there is to it so am planning to chop the whole thing... Thursday is the plan for that.
    I believe it would have done much better if it were in that space alone where i could have spread it out and opened it up more.
    Am curious to see how dense the buds are under leds.
    Under the old hps, 1.25oz. would fill a quart jar 2/3 to 3/4 full.

lol, I think i could have scrogged the kush. Had no idea it would get that tall. added more shims under the sour a few days ago, its now at least a foot off the ground and still shorter than the kush.

9. The liver is not happy but think the kush will make up for it. Nugs should be dense mine are like perfect texture. Not like rocks but not fluff

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. End of week 10 (day 70)
    I harvested the sour liver yesterday and failed to get a final photo but it looked pretty much the same as it did last week.

W10.D68-SL-Trichs (4).jpg

Here's the kush... I broke a branch while trying to spread her out a little now that she has more space. put a twist-tie around it to hold it in the proper position. It did not break completely off, I just heard it crack and could see it. maybe it will heal... i dunno.

W10.D70-BK (3).JPG
    W10.D70-BK.JPG
    W10.D70-BK (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cant believe that one got so big its awesome

12. awesome grow, final weight?

13. It's still a bit moist so will call it 6.5oz. It' actually closer to 6.75.
    *edit* The kush is still growing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. that's amazing for an auto dude. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #35 frankslan, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    thats impressive just for the size of his space too this dude is rocking like a 1.5 by 5 I think. Thats just one plant he killed it. hell probably get 8 plus off the kush I think.

16. Week 11 Day 76
    Well, it's still alive somehow... looks like hell, but still alive i think.
    One more week... flushing.

100_0891.JPG

100_0893.JPG

100_0892.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. End of week 12 (day 84 from sprout)
    Been flushing for one week today and am calling it finished.
    Lights out tomorrow will be the last time it sees light. Gonna leave it in the dark 24 hours and begin cutting/trimming day after tomorrow.

W12.D84-BK (1).JPG

W12.D84-BK Trichs.jpg
    W12.D84-BK (2).JPG
    W12.D84-BK (4).JPG
    W12.D84-BK (5).JPG

Looks like hell I know... will do better next time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I think it looks great good job man!

• Like Like x 1
  19. what nutes did you use and how much in flowering?

20. I use the advanced nutrients line with their connoisseur base nutes at full strength during most of flower... Full strength was just a bit too much for the kush and had some problems because of that but it worked out.
    With the ffof soil mix, grow nutes were not necessary at all, went straight to bloom nutes when it showed flowers.

Remember, the weekly dosages listed on nutrient bottles are for the entire week... not each feeding.

• Like Like x 1