SOUND OFF: Can you be evicted from an apartment for smoking medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'General' started by JCrohn, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I'm looking on craigslist right now at some apartment places in the state of washington...

A lot of them say no pets/ no smoking...

can you be evicted for smoking medical marijuana in these cases? Are they only referring to cigaretetes?

2. No smoking means no smoking

3. vaporizer

but i dunno you should call the office of each apartment place you're considering and find out...just tell them wsup

4. i love vapes man i started the vaporizer club(toking tools) but i LOVE me my bong rips too

5. If you are legal, I doubt they can discriminate against you for having legal marijuana. If they have a rule against smoking, though... yeah that they could do. Get a vaporizer or commit to being outside when you smoke.

6. When it says "no smoking" they don't give two FUCKS what your smoking, you could be smoking dogshit for all they care. No smoking means no smoking.

(and even if it is a smoking apartment, weed is a whole different level, just because its medicated doesn't mean everyone else wants too smell that delcious smell.)

7. #7 El3ctro, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
    You cannot be legally evicted from a place you are renting if "cigarette smoking" is allowed on the premise.. But if they landlord does not want any smoke in their place, they only evict you if it is in the lease. Just like a landlord cannot evict you for growing medical marijuana either, as long as it was not stated in the lease.. Now, if in the lease they cite "federal' law when it comes to drugs, they they can evict you for any reason if they feel fit..

BUT, if you can smell your marijuana smoke anywhere in the common areas of an apartment complex, you SHOULD be evicted. There are few things more disrespectful than allowing cigarette or marijuana smoke linger in hallways or outside your apartment..

8. most apartments are non smoking yet people smoke bud in them all the time. I'd just get myself a nice smelling incense or room deoderizer, keep the smoking in a room away from the door if it opens into a shared common hallway, just keep it reasonable and you'll be alright.