Sore throat remedies

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Tokeup2day, Sep 26, 2012.

1. I've had a bad sore throat for the last 5 or so days. Any of you blades have any good remedies? Thanks :wave:

2. Had an old teacher, he was spiritual and was really into his Native American roots even thought he was probably 10% Native American lol. Anyway, he swore by this concoction:
    -hot tea
    -lemon
    -honey
    -and a shot of whiskey

3. ...cause indians had whiskey and lemon..

im not even sure they had honey in North America prior to the european invasion.

4. [quote name='"Broses"']

...cause indians had whiskey and lemon..

im not even sure they had honey in North America prior to the european invasion.[/quote]

Firewater lol

5. [quote name='"ptownroll"']Had an old teacher, he was spiritual and was really into his Native American roots even thought he was probably 10% Native American lol. Anyway, he swore by this concoction:
    -hot tea
    -lemon
    -honey
    -and a shot of whiskey[/quote]

Really? Thanks man I'll give it a try. Put all those things in the tea?

6. Honey, like that other guy said.
    And eating lots of cold stuff like Popsicles and ice cream! :)

7. Gargle with saltwater

8. [quote name='"yoregan"']Honey, like that other guy said.
    And eating lots of cold stuff like Popsicles and ice cream! :)[/quote]

Yeah I've been eating cold stuff but it lasts for like 5 minutes lol. Gonna boil some water for tea

9. [quote name='"IamToasted"']Gargle with saltwater[/quote]

I'm calling BS lol

10. Salt is known to heal.

11. Improve your diet so you don't get sick!

12. [quote name='"SunStoner"']Improve your diet so you don't get sick![/quote]

My diet is fine.. Just came down with a head cold due to the decrease in temperature recently

13. Yea warm water mixed with salt and gargle that always soothes my sore throat. Also the honey and tea works good as well, I would get a tablespoon of honey and swallow it in a way that it runs down your throat slowly it's good for it look it up.

14. [quote name='"Tokeup2day"']

I'm calling BS lol[/quote]

Works for me...idk try it

15. my remedy for sore throat is put 1 tablespoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and do gargle, at least 4-5 times a day. This is an effective sore throat remmedies

16. sore throats are horrible.....totally ruin smoking....

17. Raw Honey is all you need but it expensive though cuz it organic and buy it in solid form not liquid form. You can get it at Whole Food Market or Organic Food Stores.

18. [quote name='"IamToasted"']Gargle with saltwater[/quote]

Definatly the way to go, but it must be warm salt water that is gargled lol