Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore Throat Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Robin Isnt hood, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hey blades,

So im kind of a rookie to smoking (20-30) times. Does anyone get really sore throats the day after smoking, or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks! :smoke:

2. Its a part of smoking pot. Your throat can get a little irritated. Once your lungs adjust to the smoke youl'll be fine. For the meantime try having a cold water while smoking.

Hope this helps

:)

3. You're screwed, dude. :'(

4. I think you'll get more used to the smoke as you do it more often, people who start out with pipes get stronger lungs and therefore it doesn't hurt after awhile of doing it. I personally like to smoke through bongs because it is easier on my lungs. Keep smoking :smoke:

5. happened to me all the time when i was within like 4 months new of smoking. sometimes it was really bad. but you get use to it

6. My throat use to feel like shit. Happens to the rookie smokers, your body will adjust to it.

7. It gets better, but you should be proactive about trying to find a smoother way to smoke. A longer pipe, bubbler, or a bong for example.

8. Not to put this idea down or anything, but I (and many others) find that fairly warm water helps in a bong because it sorta relaxes your throat unlike cold water, and the same goes for drinking it. Cold water after hot smoke for me is painful like sticking your hands in an oven when you've just been handling ice.

9. It does happen OP. Sometimes a big hit stills gets me. You'll get used to it eventually.
    Enjoy your Apprentice tolerance while it lasts :smoking: