Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore Throat/Mouth Burning sensation after Smoking Weed. Please help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DavidsThin, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Hello everyone! After doing much research and posting questions on reddit, I've not found any answers.

I'm 18, and was an everyday Cannabis consumer (vaporizer) for about three months. About three weeks ago a couple things started to happen: I would get really bad, sharp stomach/chest pain after I vaped, and my throat would feel very tight, and kind of sore. Almost like there was something in it. I could breath fine, but my sinuses were very clogged (which could just be from vapor irritation).

I decided to take a 6 day break to see if the symptoms would stop. After six days, I vaped again, and didn't have any noticeable problems at all. I vaped the next day, felt fine. The third day, on my first drag off of the vape I could feel my throat tighten. I only took a few hits, and my throat and mouth felt tingly and burning. This is not cottonmouth. The tightness in my throat and burning sensations in my mouth would get worse after drinking water. It got bad to the point where the sensation I felt in my throat made me want to gag. I have a deathly allergy to nuts, so I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to weed or something (or perhaps the weed was contaminated, though I'm pretty sure it isn't). After about an hour, the burning/soreness subsided, and I only had a bit of throat tightness.

I took another 3 day break and decided to try my luck with a pipe, the good old fashioned way. Maybe the vaporizer was the problem? I took two, crazy small baby hits; so small I didn't even know I got anything until I exhaled a small amount of smoke. I actually thought I was fine, but about 20-30 minutes later I started to gag out of nowhere. Then my throat got extremely sore/tight. Then my mouth started to burn/tingle. My sinuses felt crazy tight and clogged, and I started to freak out. Once again, I thought I might be having an allergic reaction. I don't know if it was causing me breathing troubles, or the high was, but I was having some trouble catching my breath. I would sometimes burp up some stomach acid. It got better/worse off and on for about an hour until I fell asleep. I woke up the next day feeling fine.

So... What's going on? I use medical marijuana to treat anxiety/stress, and am having a hard time dealing with the thought of giving it up for good. Could I be allergic? Something else? I've heard of some people saying stuff similar to this who have GERD, but it sounds a little different to me. I'm unbelievably frustrated and saddened by how weed has been affecting me lately.

2. Dude if you have medical marijuana get edibles or try them

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Maybe you have asthma? You should explain it to a doctor

4. Although that sounds like a good idea, I have many serious food allergies, and edibles don't have to follow FDA allergen guidelines. So I can't really do that. Also, if its the weed that's causing me these issues and not the vapor/smoke, im assuming i would have a worse reaction if it went through my whole digestive system.

5. I've talked to my Dad, who has asthma, and it sounds nothing like what I experience tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask your doc though either way. What you're describing is kinda strange. Especially for vaping. You said you burped, maybe you could be swallowing the smoke accidentally sometimes? Or maybe your body still isn't used to smoking/vaping and still has a negative reaction? Although usually that would just be immediate coughing. Sorry, that's all I got :confused_2: