Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore throat from smoking weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by silentscream, May 9, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

I am curious why if I smoke weed, or am in a small room with people who smoke weed, the next day I have a sore throat. I also feel like there is some gunk in there, and I have to spit it out , for the throat to start feeling better. If I have to cough it up, my throat sometimes bleeds. Has anyone heard of this issue? I have stayed away from smoking weed and tried to stay away from my boyfriend when he smokes it. But I am curious if there is any solutions. It only happens when smoking weed. (Maybe cigarettes as well, but I am not ever hear any cig smokers, and do not smoke cigs either).

Thanks for reading !

• Like Like x 1
  2. if i were you i'd go to the Drs,,,weed smoking cant make your throat bleed by its self unless it make you cough really hard and you pop a little blood vessel in your throat ,,,but if it is coughing that makes it bleed i'd still get it checked out at Drs .....luck ..mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That isn't normal go see a doctor.. I can chain smoke all day long & my throat doesn't bleed...

4. The doctor just said to not smoke weed and didnt say anything else .. Maybe I should get a second opinion. It only bleeds if I cough in the morning, which I need to because theres yucky gunk on my throat if i smoke weed.

5. Are you coughing hard?? you can strain your throat easily making It bleed, I've done it myself when being sick :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Never had that problem, get checked again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Quit smoking the Covid OG

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maybe you need a vape. Has it always happened when you smoke?

P.s. you and your bird, aw

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah go see a doctor about this or something that is a bit of a concern.

10. Not sure it's anything other than post nasal drip but I doubt it's the weed unless your throat is having a bad reaction to it and the environmentals at the moment, which could also be the cause. In other words it could be a million things but probably isn't cannabis. To be sure you must a see and or speak with a medical professional