Sooo not what I needed

Discussion in 'General' started by 420girlie, Oct 30, 2002.

1. I just got a phonecall from my friend telling me my other friends dad died :(
    He has been dieing for the last three years, but It still breaks my fucking heart. Sitting around in a hospital bed in your living room wearing a diaper with tubes up your nose isn't exactly great living but it's still living.
    Lately I have been freaking out about death anyways because I was thinking about it when I was trippin and 1/4 of my life is gone and I haven't done jack shit.

2. Sorry to hear about your friends dad. It is sad when anyone dies.

It does wake you up and make you notice that life is short. I make it a point to enjoy the day as much as possible as they come. Tommorrow may not wait for me.

3. I'm sorry for the loss but he is in a happier, pain-free, stress-free place now. But coping with death doesnt get any easier no matter how many times you experience it in your life. My thoughts are with you and your friends family.

And I agree.........life is so short and so precious. Thats why its best to get the most out of every single day because you never know when it will be your last.

4. That really sucks, I'm sorry that you had to suffer through that. I suggest keeping your workload the same for the next few days. Work keeps your mind off this dreadful event. Just remember, as Budhead said, to keep your hopes up and never give up on any task.

Self confidence is key, try not to think about it too much.

Good luck friend

5. but I CANT stop thinking about it, it just keeps popping up in my head. I'm gonna die and that fucking sucks my friends are gonna die I just can't get it out of my head. I think i'm gonna go call my mom.

6. Girlie i'm sorry, i wish i could help you. *hug* My grandmothers dieing of cancer right now, and she isn't going to make it much longer. I think about death all the time, i feel the same way, so much of my life has past and i haven't done shit. I really want to get married and start a family as soon as i can, because life is so fucking short. After we all die though we can smoke up together in heaven. Once again girlie i'm really sorry for what happened, just think about everything good in life.

7. wow, that really sucks all ass doesn't it? (whatever that means)
    I know very well what you're saying about death. A couple years ago I had this weird nervous breakdown that was spurred by my realization of my own mortality. My mom honestly thought that I'd lost it. I was sitting in my room for days by myself, all I could manage to do was play video games and wallow in my sorry state. Finally i snapped out of it and realized that I was wasting far too much time feeling sorry for myself. If I was so scared of nonexistence (or whatever reality death may bring me) then why was I wasting my precious time here? After a lot of thinking on the subject i still haven't completely come to terms with it. Dying just scares the shit out of me, I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable with the concept or if I will ever really understand it. And I can't tell if this is because I'm missing something, some kind of willpower that allows people to deal with death, or if, in fact, I have something that others don't. Perhaps I've just spent too much time thinking about it, maybe this thing that allows people to move on despite their feelings about death comes from denying any real thoughts about it. Perhaps it's best to try to deal with it, even if I never make any progress. No matter how hard the subject is to think about I'd rather take the path less taken than go nowhere with it. My thoughts are a journey, some parts of it are easier traveled than others. This next bowl's for your friend and his/her dad, the little bit at the bottom is for you :)

8. I know exactly how you feel. Someone elses death always seems to wake us up and get us in touch with our own mortality. Life is a fragile and precious thing, a gift that many people often waste. I think the measure of one's success or failures lie in how you feel about it. Are you happy with your life and can you live with the things you have and haven't accomplished?

I'm sorry is about all anyone can say. It does get easier.

9. I'm sorry for your loss sweetie.

10. sorry for the loss, girlie. i hope you live close enough to grieve with your friend.

a friend of mine died VERY tragically a few weeks ago. he accidentally blew his head off, at a party, in a room full of people. drunk people should not play with guns!!!!! anyway, home is 4000km away. it's hard to comes to terms when there's no closure.

11. Sorry for the loss 420 girlie... it sucks as I do know... Just try not to get yerself too down on it...

Everyone dies and time of one's life, in the grand scheme of things, is short. But you have either two options here:
    You can let this sad event get to you and make you feel depressed OR you can perhaps use this to make you feel motivated towards living your life to the FULL (and that doesn't nessiccairly mean full time partying it does take a little investment and sacrafice to get the best you can). Remember that one who is great is remembered and that one who is remembered never dies: go forth my freind and show the fucking world what you think is the best way to be and for that alone you will sureley be remembered.

It's not the passed that counts- it's the now and the future. 1/4 of the average life gone means 3/4 left- plenty o time. Fuck it- you're young and idealistic (I hope) and with a mind like that- any thing can be done.

12. but thanks for the thoughts I try to keep my head up but I'm just having a shitty time with everything right now. What I wanna know is where the time went. It's like I look in the mirror and it's not me I see. I'm this little 6 year old chubby girl not what i'm lookin at. I remember my fifth birthday like yesterday and now I see this woman standind there. Who the fuck is that bag 'o bones? ;)

13. Someone very special who has a lot of love in her heart and who wants just as much love and compassion back.

14. Hey girlie! I really am sorry that you had to deal with the death of someone you know. We are all here for you when you need us....and even when you don't!!!

I have dealt with too much death in my lifetime and I came really close to it myself but it has helped me to not fear it. I used to be terrified to die...the not knowing what your destiny is after you perish is what had me all freaked out but then I realized that it is just a natural part of the life process....it ends.....never when you expect it to nor when you think you are ready.

When people say that you need to live each day as if it were your last and that you should live life to the absolute fullest, they couldn't be more right. I think we have all wasted time in one way or another but if you can find that happiness that you are searching for that makes you FEEL alive then the wasted time is irrelevent and you are more apt to accept your fate in life. Even the search for that happiness makes it all better in the end!

15. Awwwwwww shucks *blushes*

I love you too. I love all of you. You too RMJL thanks for your time.

16. as usual i show up draggin ass on a thread, shoulda posted earlier, but good karma your way nonetheless..

my thoughts on death, because ive thought about it alot here lately, im not afraid to die, you cant stop it, its going to happen, bottom line...but i am however a little nervous about how i might die, i would definatelly pick some ways over others..hell, sometimes i would welcome death, but i get a feeling that there are things i gotta do first...

last night i smoked salvia, and i was in a room, with an escalator going up, and i had a sense that people were there, and they seemed slightly less than happy with me, not mad or angry, just not happy that i was there, they had no eyes. i dont know why i wasnt supposed to be there, and i got the sensation that there was omething they wanted me to do..so i dont know if my mind is saying that death is like an escalator and i need to do something before i get on it and go up or what..but anyway..yeah, it was crazy..

im sorry for your loss, sometimes dignity comes with death...hes in a better place now...and good weed powered karma your way:D

17. Thank you honey ;)

Today I tripped out my head was a light bulb and it exploded. It scared the fucking shit out of me, but i'm recovering *lol*

18. all it seems the whole salvia trip has done for me is make me question alot of things.

19. That happened to me too on my last bad trip. I'm just starting to get over it.