Somolian Pirates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stoopid Toker, Nov 21, 2008.

1. why do we tolerate them doing this shit? They are just a bunch of warlord thugs with a couple old ass rusty guns and RPGs that go around hijacking ships and demanding a ransom.... now they're demanding 25m for that HUGE tanker with 2million barrels of oil in it.

I dont see what the big hold up is... i would think that any military power could handle this.... i know it would cost a bit of money, but it just sees so easy to resolve. blow them the fuck up. easy. The worst part is that most of their ransoms get paid and they are making easy money off of it. Just send a jet out to go blow their pirate vessels up. Attack them on land in somalia... they have no functioning government or anything, some1 needs to take care of this shit.

I dont have any stake in this, i just hate how they are capturing civilian ships and holding them ransom... it pisses me off that we let this happen.

Sometimes i wonder about all of this UN peacekeeper bullshit that they have going on there.. spend those resources on a black hawk and go blow some warlord ass up.

they need to setup a government that isnt corrupted, but we dont need to get involved in that again, and it isnt our job to, however i dont see why we cant easily blow some shit up. they are scum... i mean, how can we still have pirates in the 21st century?

i know that the us, russia, france, turkey, and a few other countries have some ships there, but there is just too much water to cover for it to work.

We know where the ships are at, why cant we go and get them? They cant just get away with this shit... Why cant they just set up something to "pay" them, then once the see their account has the money in it and they let the ship go, just have the money taken back or something? and then kill them all of course.

2. Pirate work is probably pretty profitable. More power to them if you ask me.

Of course violence is never good, but you can hardly blame them for capitalizing on their geographic advantages. They'd be stupid not to, really. Why get so upset about this kind of thing when our society breeds it?

3. What is worse is that Maritime Law prohibits carrying weapons and shit to protect yourself.

4. the U.N. is a fuckin joke,,,,,

thecountry of somalia shot down our blackhawk and dragged the dead bodies of that craft thru the streets,,,,

it is a cancer on the world this little piss-ass area,,,,

it's ate up by radical islamism,,,, and the world sits on it's hands....and does nothing,,,,

me.... i'd bomb these third world bastards to the stone-age,,,,

the more they get away with it,, the more they will do it,.... id roll thru there with some b-52 bombers,,, some,, f-15's,, and helicopters to finish the job,,,,

id blow thier asses back to the stone age and if some civilians got killed '' OH WELL''

thatsthe problem with the world they try to be too civil,,, too politically correct,,,,

if you bomb thier country and all thier boats back to the stone age,,, then what will they HIJACK with,, a fucking intertube,,,,

the leaders of the world are weak..... a bunch of pussys....

george bush,,, since he's about done with his term,,, should launch a massive attack on this country,,,,,,

after the '' BLACKHAWK DOWN'' episode if i was in charge they would have done and been annialated...:cool:

5. Can I get an "America! Fuck Yeah!"?

Thankfully we have more sane people calling the shots...

6. I think America would be best to just stay away from that area, especially after the last time...........The only troops that will enter Somalia is Etheopias.....as Somalia has no natural resources.......no spoils of war to be had there.....so the world will offer some funds to Etheopia to help with this process, but that's about it..............however, adding more ships in the area would help ships get through without too much bother, but it is a large span of water.......only last week the Indian navy blew one of the pirate ships out the water after being fired upon.............Peace out..........Sid

7. Well gee; under the Clinton administration we let a couple of third world dorks row up next to a US Destroyer in a rubber dingy and nearly blow the fucker in half.

Seventeen sailors were killed and thirty nine others were injured.

Maybe we had better stay away from these people under an Obama administration. :hide:

[​IMG]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

8. i think they gotta do something about it, its 25 mill now, whats next

9. All they want for that tanker is 25 mil... AHAAAAA!!!!! [​IMG]

Who's runnin this operation Dr. Evil?

I bet the super tanker alone is worth a cool hundred mil, never mind the oil.

[​IMG]

10. This is not the government's problem.

The oil tankers should be more prepared if they really cared about it.

They need to take care of their own shit.

11. But when they contain so much oil that isn't going to get to where it's meant to go, then a big company loses money......if they contine to lose money/oil then the price of oil goes way up, and it effects governments round the world........that ship holds something ridiculous like half the oil produced by Saudi Arbia that day.........heard that on the radio, don't know how much for sure............Peace out........Sid

12. More reason to get the fuck away from oil and find new energy sources.

We should be thanking these guys for trying to get society to progress... indirectly.

13. IM SURPRISED THE '' SAUDI'S '' dont hire a commando unit,,,,, to go in there and retake that ship....

but i still say it's time to erradicate this cancer on the world,,,,, bomb's,a complete airassault...

and complete destruction of that area....

14. Why would the Saudis care? They get money for the oil no matter what happens to the ships carrying it.

They have bigger things to worry about anyway. Like what they're going to do for money when the oil runs out.

15. Yeah lets just start a war with a country because we dont like what some of there citizens are doing :confused:.

Seems familiar.

Anyways to be honest if I was Samoan I would be a pirate to. Anyone who says otherwise is lieing.

16. YAAARRR

There she blows