something needs to change

Discussion in 'General' started by darksmoker, Nov 28, 2011.

1. People like this:

2. aye true that. but it is a shame that such idiocy exists =/

3. Yeah those are the kind that keep breeding unfortunately.

4. i think everyone should be homeless for some point in their life in america.

5. honestly, i think it may help set SOME dufus kids straight, but everyone? nahhhh man. but hey luckily i already done my homeless stint no need to do it again.

6. The occupy movement failed beacuse those assholes who were protesting not beacuse they wanted change but beacuse they wanted to protest very few of them knew what they were protesting

7. I have short experience with living without a house. When I was... 9 years old.

But it wasn't THAT terrible... but it was embarrassing, certainly.

8. It depends where you live and what kind of person you are for instance I bet I could survive homeless in a tropical place but where I live now no way

9. When we were homeless, it was back in Korea, so we had gone through freezing winters.

But we weren't living on the street, or in a minivan, we were just living in someone else's house.

It wasn't for free. But we paid a very small rent... the house owners were very kind.

I've never thought about that one year very often.

Until now.

I'm thinking about that year... when I was in elementary school... 5th grade.

10. #30 GGrass, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    Mid 1980's. South Korea.

The economy has gotten a lot better than the 70's, but there were still a few poverty children in schools.

I was one of them, and it seems these kids kind of gravitate towards each other... and make a small group in school... especially during lunch time.

During lunch time, the normal kids would stay in the classroom and ate their lunch from their lunchboxes they brought from home. (In Korean elementary school, the kids used to eat their lunch in their classroom. Now, many schools have cafeteria, but in the old days they didn't have cafeterias.)

But the poor kids would leave the room and ate on the bench outside.

Why?

Because the normal kids would have good food in their lunch box, while the poor kids had very cheap food in theirs.

It was quite embarrassing to open the lunch box in front of your peers and there's like, cheapest food in your box. While other kids had good food with meat and stuff.

Ah... the good old days... brings back good memories.

11. I'll bet the kids in America are also going through similar stuff.

Like, in a classroom, there will be quite a difference between the rich kids and the poor kids. And there will be different ways to tell who was rich and who was poor.

By looking at their clothes... school bags... pencils... shoes...

12. OP, I hope you don't mind me sort of 'hijacking' the thread, but I'm really not trying to hijack it, I'm just...

Posting thoughts that came after watching the link on your opening post.

13. Yeah thats how it is these days the poor are getting poorer and rich richer, the middle class is going to completely disappear.

14. #34 GGrass, Nov 28, 2011
    After my dad lost his business, we moved to a different town.

Which meant I moved to a new school, and being a new kid in any school sucked.

But I quickly made a friend, who was also a new kid, and he... was really in poverty.

He taught me how to take care of 'feeling of hunger'.

He took me to the bathroom, and said to me,

"Do you know it's fun to drink water?"

And started to drink water like a thirsty camel.

At first, I didn't know what the hell he was doing, I just thought,

"What a funny dude, drinking water for fun..."

But after few days, I realized he did it to fill his empty stomach. The moment I realized it, was a very sad moment.

And we became even closer friends.

--

I just remembered his name.

His initials are KSJ.

I won't forget that name.

15. When I was a kid, when I looked at a kid, I could tell if that kid was rich or poor.

One way to tell is by looking at how the teachers treated that kid.

16. #36 GGrass, Nov 28, 2011

Where will the middle class go?

Some of the "Middle Class" will move to become the upper middle class, and gradually become the lower rich, then to become the rich, then to become the filthy rich.

And the poors will replace the middle class, and the very poors will replace the poors, and the desperately poors will replace the very poors.

--

And some of the middle class will fall down the 'Rich Ladder' and become poor, then very poor, and then become criminally poor.

--

And some rich will fall to become upper middle class.

And the poor will fall to become very poor.

And the very poor will become extremely poor.

And the extremely poor will die.

17. GGrass postin some much needed wisdom in this thread

18. Wow :( hope he grew up to be successful.

19. yes. you can definitely tell in the school place the difference between the rich and poor kids for the reasons you stated. clothes mainly. i remember in 6th grade when i lived in a kinda ghetto area of LA, there was this one kid in my art class who always wore [we had uniforms, white collar shirt, blue pants no jeans] the same shirt and pants. the shirt had gotten brownish and the pants were up to his ankles. also, he smelled kind of bad. everyone laughed and made fun of him. i felt...so bad for that for kid. i also remember his name and prolly always will...i wonder how hes doing now..

no man of course not. my thread is your thread. lol.

also true. again going back to my 6th grade example, the art teacher barely took a look at him. spent time with everyone else..

20. sad as it is, the bottom line is shit like this is going to happen no matter what.