Something I noticed at the grocery store

Discussion in 'General' started by DebbyDowner, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Assuming (so the reply isn't that people take the same amount of time to shop for stuff) that most people walk in at different times (probably like 5-10 minutes apart), why does everyone buy their shit at the same time? Has anyone noticed that? Like when you go to whatever store and find yourself first to the cashier, do you notice a large line form behind you? :smoking:

2. Can't say I've ever noticed this...

Maybe you live in an alternate universe and everybody is secretly in on it. They all buy their groceries when you do and the only person who doesn't know is you :smoke:

3. Yeah I'm probably crazy or it could just be a re-occurring coincidence that's fucking up my judgement

4. Hahah I used to work at a grocery store, lines develop in part because sometimes the place gets busy, but most of the time it is because staff up front is bullshitting instead of helping customers...aint no thang just keep it cool

5. They are scarred to check out by them self, so try feel like they have to go in a Hurd.

6. No matter the size of the parking lot or the distance from my spot to the door it is a guarantee that one of the cars beside me will be packing up their groceries when I exit the store. I tell people about this and they laugh at me. Then we go to the store and their laughs are turned into straight faces. Shit is real creepy.

7. i don't understand lol

8. Same reason you're never the first car on a highway lol

9. what.

i do my grocery shopping after midnight. there are usually more employees stocking shelves than there are customers.

10. Do you do your shopping stoned? lol

11. I'm sure that there is no specific reason they check out at the same time, other than the fact they are done shopping.

12. I do. Always. :smoke:

13. Worked at a grocery store for almost 3 years in a former life...I observed this behavior countless times...never really could find an explanation for it.

They say humans don't move in herds....yeah right. :D

14. Because...it's busy?

15. I work at a grocery store and have noticed this too... Fuck im at work right now(im on break).

16. I work at a grocery store aswell...

Fuck this is my 6th day today, finally get a day off tomorrow WOO!

17. I seriously hate grocery shopping. HEB is always fucking packed, and people act like they don't see you when they've got a buggy in their hands.

Shit gets real, when you're battling two other cars for a parking spot out where Jesus lost his sandals.

18. I work at grocery store snd yes there are rushes but nothing like you dedcribed

19. I work at a take out place, and i notice that everyone calls all at once, then no one will call for like 25-30 minutes. but once i get one call, at least 1 person calls on the other line, then for the next 5 minutes i get lots of calls

20. I do too but i need to stop. I end up spending hundreds on munchies!! :D