Something funky going on?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by The Great Gonzo, Sep 25, 2018.

1. MY plant is deteriorating on the south facing side. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Triple post

3. #3 michganman, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    My internet is going wonky. Check out fusarium and verticillium

4. if I had to spit ball based off a similar issue I had very early in the season I would say a root issue, parasite, or fungus. check the base of those branches for discoloration, holes, or cracking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. In my case I just chopped the branch off and never looked back so I never actually found the source. It is believed that the cause of mine was because of the plant being root bound. I transplanted to a 25 gallon pot just a few days after it occurred and it has not happened again. Which while yours appear to be in soil, root issues can affect any plant regardless of container or medium.

6. Chop those branches off and remove the death so its not a spot for bud rot to start and dry it and make oil or budder, and hashish. It will likely continue to spread though

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thanks. I'll chop off the bad stuff and use it for some edibles. It's almost prime harvest time anyway, most of the trichomes are cloudy.

Luckily it hasn't affected the big buds.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

8. Its probably a riot issue then? I have them in 30 gal? fabric pots filled with supersoil but its buried in heavy clay. This probably too wet since clay doesn't drain well. When I harvest the rest of the plant I'll examine the roits

9. definitely likely your issue. if you havent modified the grow bags with extra holes or anything like that pull the grow bags out of the ground carefully. they are likely not draining much if any. There really isn't much you can do to make the clay based soil drain any better aside from digging the hole much deeper and adding a substantial amount of something like lava rock to the bottom. if there is no issue with leaving the bags right on top of the ground I wouldn't put them back in.

10. I would say it's a possible gopher or a mole.

11. I ended up harvesting early. The tricomes were mostly cloudy with a few clear. I probably lost a little bit of girth not waiting another week or two but I was curious about the roots. The roots on the side that was dying off broke off much easier making me think they were rotten. [​IMG]

12. Its moved to my other plant! Here are some pics under a microscope. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. If you dont think its fusarium oxysporum, look into late season blight. Look familiar?
    20180915_194200.jpg

14. That makes more sense. It looks like its affecting the sugar leaves first.

15. Damn. My yield is not going to be good. Its a hash pant and it hasn't developed a strong trichome presence yet.

16. Yes it will hurt your yields, and spreads like wildfire if youre not careful. The branch pretty much just stalls and dies off

17. I was going to make hash out of them but I think I'll make hash oil instead, so I'll eat it instead of smoke it.

18. Still a lot cheaper than the dispensary though.