Something a little bigger then a honey bee extractor?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by thegreenm0nster, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Hey GC im looking for a better tool for making oil then a honey bee extractor .My problem is the honey bee holds less then an oz i saw a nice stainless steel one on fullmelt something or another but cant seem to find the site again any suggestions on honey oil extractors much appreciated :smoking:

2. You could always just make one out of iron pipe from home depot. I made one a long time ago, it looked like a pipe bomb, lol.

Anyways, just get a length of threaded iron pipe, and 2 screw on end caps. Drill 1 hole in one of the end caps, and drill a bunch of holes in the other end cap. Voila!

Remember to use an oven mitt when holding it because its gonna get REALLY cold as that butane evaporates!

3. got the perfect tool for you - try using a thermos flask... throw the middle part away (the plastic part that pours out your coffee), then on lid/cup drill a centre hole to fit the tip of the butane can, drill 2 holes each side to release the pressure of butane... and there is your tool mate... cut up said bud/trim, place in flask - after its time in freezer - and release that butane buddy!!!

leave for 2-5mins and strain out as per usual :yummy:

i would also do a 2nd run for around 15mins for remaining goodness

hope this helps, if interested i'll look out some pics and post em up dude??

4. I really dont wanna make one i know how to do that... i want to find a site to buy one the one i saw was all stainless steel i think and had a nice stand and stuff point is i wanna buy one not make one

5. very expensive to buy what i believe you mean but here is a link - hope this helps...

hxxp://tamisiumextractors.com/tamisium-extractors.htm

(swap 'xx' for 'tt' first)

seems a bit too proffessional for an oil extraction tho?? :confused:

6. #6 Buddpig, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Hi, I just read the post on a larger extractor, I am a machinist from BC, and I just ordered Stainless steel to make larger extractors, 1 inch outside dia, 7/8 inside diameter and 12 inches long, with 3 legs to support it, should hold around 45 grams, I will be posting them on Ebay for sale soon as we CNC machine them. Soon as I figure out material cost and machining time I will have a price, It will be aprox 55 to 60 bux retail + shipping ( Canadian funds) , we can also give wholesale pricing on larger orders
    I saw a smaller one on Ebay that is way smaller than the Honey bee made from alluminum,
    holds 7- 10 grams and he wants 45 bux for it.
    Alluminum oxidises when exposed to air, dont think I would want that washing thru the extraction, I think stainless is the way to go.

7. I Finished the extractor, what do you guys think ? Its all stainless steel, CNC machined the end caps have O rings to seal off any leakage. Its 3/4 inside diameter, 1.0 outside diameter seamless tubing, 1/8 wall thickness and is 12 inches long. the ring that holds the stainless 6 inch long legs is the only aluminum part on it. The top cap is a snug fit on the butane can nozzel using the Colibri yellow nozzel, it has 150 micro screen, and the bottom cap has 20 .100 diameter outside diameter for good flow.

Happy smokin...

Attached Files:

• ex1.jpg
      ex1.jpg
      File size:
      262.7 KB
      Views:
  8. make one out of a stainless steel turkey baster.

9. looks proper as fuck buddy !

10. Interested to see if you accomplished this? I would like to take a peek if you did! Looking for an extractor myself....don't know where in the world to begin to build one! Everyone seems to find them, but I can't! Making me crazy! Looks like an old post....guess I'm prepared for a wait! Thanks! [​IMG]