Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

someone with great weed knowledge...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Blowinthatgangi, Jul 14, 2005.

1. i have a heart condition recently while i smoke i get paranoid that its messing with my heart and i start to think about it sooo much that im scared something is going to happen. my point here is...i DO smoke cigarettes, i work out at the gym, and i do drink alcohol. as far as i know weed only increases your heart rate, and working out at the gym lifting weights, jogging, etc. has got to be more strenuous than smoking a joint. so what do you guys think? am i putting more stress on myself working out and smoking cigs and drinking, or is a joint more harmful?

2. One study has indicated that a user's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

3. What happens is when you smoke and go chill on the couch or whatever and your BP starts to rise. If you stand up quickly and stand for about 5 seconds and sit back down your BP will then plummit back down.

4. dude if you have a heart condition DO NOT SMOKE MARIJUANA. I dont know how much i can stress this but if you have a bad ticker DO NOT SMOKE MARIJUANA.

also quit the cigs right now!!! Smoke is very bad for the heart and if you already have a bad heart...well.

Also marijuana increases your heart rate...if you have a bad heart it is very likely that smoking marijuana can kill you......... DO NOT SMOKE MARIJUANA IF YOU HAVE A BAD HEART.

I love weed as much as the next man and i fully support it...but dont throw your life away just to get a quick high thats the stupidest thing you can do.

edit: Also if you have a bad heart these are things you need to ask your doctor...dont ask these questions on a internet forum full of stoners. Go ask a medical expert and he will explain to you what you should and shouldnt do when you have a bad heart.

5. GOOD ADVICE!

Should you quit smoking cigs? Absolutely. Cigarettes are proven to harden your arteries, and can lead to heart disease. If you have a bad heart to begin with, you should definately NOT be smoking cigs. As for weed... I don't know... Ask your doctor. He can't lock you up for smoking weed man, and if you're 18 (like you're supposed to be in order to post here) he can't rat you out to your parents...

IF You're not 18 (please don't say so if you are), and you're worried about getting ratted out... Just call a random doctor and ask him. He'll give you a straight answer, and you don't have to tell him your name or whatever...

6. Cottons has good advice, but keep in mind not every doctor will be willing to give away his business at no cost to you. Is your heart condition something you were born with or can you change it at all?

7. yeah you may have a hard time finding a doctor to give you free advice....if for some strange reason you are under 18 (you shouldnt be if you are here) then i saw screw it and talk to the doctor about it anyways, so what if he tells your parents. Would you rather have your parents find out you smoked some weed or would you rather die cause you didnt ask the doctor. I personally feel life is more important thatn possibly getting yelled at by the folks.

Until you know for sure though i say stop cigs and weed , why take the risk if you arent sure.