someone talk to me...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blackninja, May 1, 2006.

1. First off, this is my first post, so how's it going? Second, I am having problems with my ladies. I will first give a slight description of my setup and I will then mention the problem and the things that I have done to attempt to better my ladies. My setup consists of 14 plants, with the tallest one as of late being 47 inches tall. They are being flowered under a 12/12 schedule, at least for the next week, and then it will be 11/13. My lights are one 1,000 watt, one 600 watt digital , and one 400 watt. The 1,000 watt and 600 watt lights are both swtichable. The temperature rarely gets above 82 I have blueberry, power plant, and two unknown plants strains. I was fertilizing with a high hitrogen Jamaican bat guano, once to twice a week, with an occasional flush with a diliuted h2o2 solution.I water 2-3 times per week as well. I also have a temporary homemade CO2 setup, with the water, sugar, and yeast recipe found on marijuana.com. That is the basic setup and what I have done. So my problem is this: My leaves are yellowing and dieing at a rapid rate, and my plants are not producing like they should, especially the Power Plant. Also my branches are droopy, and it isn't because of the weight of the bud. I have checked the ph and it is very close to where it needs to be. THere is more than enough fresh air and air circulation, since the setup is in my room, I have the door open all the time, not to mention the fact that I now have an air conditioner to maintain the temperature. I was fertilizing, as I mentioned before, 1-2 times/week. Then the leaf problem started, so I started using another organic fertilizer with some N, but that didn't work. (I failed to mention before that I have spents hours upon hours reading cultivation literature, and that this is my third indoor grow, with a failed outdoor grow). It just keeps getting worse, and to add to that by branches are really weak feeling and they are soft, not hard like they should be. My plants should have at least twice as much bud as they have now. I have racked my brain trying to figure out what is wrong with them and I just can't figure it out. So, here I am asking for ANYONES help that has extensive knowledge about growing. :mad:

2. Yo man. Welcome to Grass City. First thing I wanted to address is your photoperiod. It is best to leave the flowering photoperiod on 12/12 not switching to 11/13. Going any less than 12/12 will result in faster bud ripening but, will reduce yield. I recommend staying on 12/12 the entire time.

Second, it would really help if you could take some pictures. You seem to fertilize a lot. It is absolutely possible to over-fert a plant with organics albeit more difficult to do than with chemicals. Where does the yellowing start; from the bottom of the plant towards the top? Or does it start at the top and move down the plant? Have you fed her the fert high in P for flowering yet? When you say the PH is ok what is it at exactly? Also, how long has she been on 12/12? I assume you have fans blowing the plants? If you can get pics up that would be great. Good luck.

3. Hey, thanks for the input. This is my third indoor grow, as mentioned above, so I have somewhat of an idea. Also, I have had people tell me that they fertilize every time they water, and that is with synthetics, and they pull a Q.P easy per plant. That is why I am so confused as to what is going on. Unfortunately it is too late to correct anything since I only have acouple weeks to go. I will try to get some pictures so you can see for your self. Basically the problem is on some of my plants, where the leaves are just gone, except what is on the bud. On some other ones the leaves are yelowing, which I am sure is just do to maturing, since they are not drying up and falling off. Others yet get brown spots, not blight or mites, and dry out but not completely and are actually some what green. I know this isn't a whole lot of help with out actually seeing some pictures, so I will do my best to post some in the next few weeks. Thanks for your time.

4. sounds like it could be over-ferting.

It's OK to fert everytime you water, as long as you devide the dossage of fert/nutes for the amount of times you're going to be watering.

If a plant is only supposed to get a certain amount of fertilizer a month and you give it that amount every teo days, you're going to kill the thing. If you're going to fert everytime you water, make sure it is a weak concentration of fertilizer.

Also, when you begin to fertilize a plant, start with a weeker concentration and build up to a full dosage (not a full dose every watering, I mean a full dose per it's feeding schedule).