Someone Please Explain!

Discussion in 'General' started by weed420, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Howdy Everyone,

Ain't checked into GrassCity in over a year! o_O! Last june i was convcited of a DUI in Illinois, and recieved 18 months Conditional Discharge, 150 hours of Community service, attend a Victim Impact Panel, and obtain an drug and alcohol evaluation on top of a 1,600 dollar fine! I've completed all these things just waiting too get my license back:devious:

Anyway can someone explain what "Conditional Discharge" is? I really wanna known if it's safe to be smoking green without the concern of getting some random drop. I do NOT have a PO officer nor do i report to anyone or vice versa. I think it means i just have to be a "law abiding citizen for those 18 months". Is their any chance i would EVER recieve a drug test?

2. It just means that so long as you comply with the orders of the discharge (which I'm assuming you did...seeing as you paid fines, attended a panel, did community service, etc) then your criminal record will not show a conviction at the end of your discharge period. In some states that means your record will be completely sealed...in others it means "DUI" will still show up in your criminal record but a notation for "no conviction" or "discharged" will be next to it.

I don't want to tell you that I think there will NEVER be a drug test, because the court is a sneaky bastard, but I would think you're pretty much in the clear, especially since you don't have a PO.

Just play it safe. And stay out from behind the wheel when you're under the influence man.

3. Holy shit, when I got my first DUI all I had to do was go to an hour long class once a week for like 6 weeks, then a victim impact panel, and a 500 dollar fine.

I even got to keep driving to and from work with a conditional license.

4. Solved. You're in the clear on the condition that you're a good boy and don't get caught the next 18 months. So don't get caught.

5. So do you think i should still smoke green? Or give it up for awhile? Been on Cond Discharge since July of last year with not 1 drop. Not too mention EVERYTHING the court has ordered me too do was done in 5 months. Just gotta play the waiting game for my license.

6. I mean I would feel pretty shitty if in a few months I saw another thread on here from you saying that you didn't meet the conditions of your discharge because they sprang a drug test on you, so I'm not gonna tell you whether or not to smoke weed. That's up to you.

I guess what I would do is just have a masking ("detox") drink on hand at all times so if you do ever catch wind that they might test you you can just drink that shit down and be golden. I'm assuming you don't have to go to the courthouse for anything since you don't have a PO, so they would have to alert you in some way that they want to test you...giving you enough time to find a solution. They aren't just gonna show up at your crib and hand you a cup.