Someone help me?? :l

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StephanieXD, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I bought weed that had three seeds in it and I was wondering if I could plant them? They look dark with this kind of like crystaly stuff on it. And if so, how? ;)

2. Before you even consider planting them, see if they are any good. I use the technique: press your thumb on it gently, if it pops=no good, if it doesn't it's plant material.

3. Yeah you can most defiantly plant them. my first couple grows started like that.

4. Hell ya you can plant them just read up on all the stickys in the beginners forum, that should give you enough knowledge to pull it off.

5. i wouldnt recommend squeezing your seeds, just try to germinate them, if they do, pop em in some soil

6. I was surprised how hard you can squeeze your seeds at first, this is a good test but don't feel the need to squeeze the sh!t out of them. A good pinch will suffice.

7. I'm sure pinching works, but if i'm only working with a few seeds liek the OP is, I'de rather just try to germinate, instead of possibly harming one of them

8. I squeeze the shit out of mine from my own crops, I only want to keep the full matured. No halfies or cracked shells!

People drop em in water too, something about which floats and doesnt is a viable seed. (its about as accurate as squishing them haha)

Id read the stickys, look up GrowFAQ on google or yahoo some search engine and put those seedys into a ziplock with a wet paper towel.

Good luck

9. yes do what new be sed crush them and if that dont work step on them because vagineyesbuttplug know what's up:devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious:

10. Hm lol they all survived my pinch on them, and floated in water. I still dont understand what germinating is though o:

11. #11 4Jo2nes0, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    [quote name='"StephanieXD"']Hm lol they all survived my pinch on them, and floated in water. I still dont understand what germinating is though o:[/quote]

The floating in water is only half the info. Leaving the seed to soak in the water over night to 24 hours will make the seed absorb the water and start life. Once the seed sinks it means its absorbed all it needs to begin its journey.

After that you can either plant them straight in your grow median (soil, peet, rockwool, etc), or you can use the paper towel method to ensure you have a root started before planting.

And germinating is the process from seed to plant. Basically keep the seed moist, warm, and in a dark, humid place and it will sprout. Take the sprout under the light and begin loving her. :)

12. Ohh okay that makes better sense, everyone explains with big words. Lmao. And I have a 150 watt lamp, is there any specific light I have to use? :)

13. Ok? Everyone does something different, I was just giving my advice which does not mean they have to follow it. And obviously you're illiterate because I did not say "squeeze the fuck out of them", I said "press them gently," stupid fuck.

14. #14 4Jo2nes0, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    [quote name='"StephanieXD"']Ohh okay that makes better sense, everyone explains with big words. Lmao. And I have a 150 watt lamp, is there any specific light I have to use? :)[/quote]

Haha yeah I figured you were very new so little words and explained terms are best. :)
    Have to have? No. Reccomended? Yes. The lights will determine how fast your plant grows as well as how fat your buds are. If you use MH or metal halide bulbs for growing, you will get the shortest veg time and quickest growth. And using a HPS or high pressure sodium light during flowering will insure fat buds and a fast maturing plant.

There is a lot of info that can be given on the subject but if you're looking for just a personal grow and a decent harvest cfl lights are cheap and will do the job. Just make sure you have enough.
    You can never have too much light. (Just be weary of the heat)

15. Mhkay, theyre in wet papertowel in a ziploc bag. I hope this works but if not, I'm not really losing anything lol. thank you :)

16. [quote name='"StephanieXD"']Mhkay, theyre in wet papertowel in a ziploc bag. I hope this works but if not, I'm not really losing anything lol. thank you :)[/quote]

Sweet! Also remember to keep them warm. Between 73-80. If you have a heating mat, or can leave them on a water heater or something it would be best. Mine I put on top of my t5 light with a hand towel folded underneath. Keeps it warm, not hot. :) just an idea.

Post pics with your next update! :D