someone clear up CLF bulbs for me

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lucky27, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I see soft white and natrual white, can someone tell me what's good for vegging and what's good for flowering.

2. natural white for veg, soft white for flowering, I think!!!

I could be wrong.

But you want more blue for the veg cycle and more red for the flowering.
    I believe "natural" is more blue and "soft" is more red.

3. thanks for the fast response can someone else clarify this?

4. Sure, I'll give it a go (again).

6500K for veg.

2700K for flowering.

If you want to use one set of bulbs all the way from seedling to harvest use 2700K.

Peace

5. I know the 6500k and the 2700k but where do you find this information about the bulbs. The only information I can find on the boxes is lumens, watts, and life hours of the bulb.

6. Stop scratching your head and order them online. Then you will be sure of the spectrum.

Peace

7. soft white is somthing like 5100k, do not know bout natural light.

8. Youll want to order them by the K rating anyway.
    Also, this has been covered before, searching will bring back lots of information for you.

9. This is a chart I found back when I was trying to figure out what color temp to use when I set up my grow-box last year. I use three of each Daylight and Warm White CFLs. Most manufacturers put the color temp in degrees Kelvin on the package. Note that Color Temp does not necessarily reflect the peak spectrum output of the light.

The visible spectrum is made up of Red Green and Blue light. True white light is made up of equal parts of those three primary colors. So that means there would be a lot of energy put into making Green light which plants don't use. It gets pretty convoluted but I hope this helps explain it a little.

[​IMG]

10. How many cfl watts does it take to equal 400w HPS?

11. About 1050 watts, or 25 42 watters. To match lumen output anyway.

12. 656.756756756757 Watts or 24.32 ea. 27W Daylight CFLs equal 45000 lumens which is the output of a generic 400W HPS bulb.
    Brand: Philips or Venture
    Bulb: ED18
    Watts: 400
    Volts: 100 Volts
    Life Hours: 24,000+
    Base: Mogul
    MOL: 9 3/4"
    Intial Lumens: 50,000
    Mean Lumens: 45,000
    Color Temp. (CCT or K): 2,100
    But who's counting? :D

13. I use CFL's to grow and if you go to Wal-Mart it says 6500k right down the side of the GE packaging, you can't miss it, same with 2700k.

14. What if I don't have enough space for 25 lights? I have about a 3'x3'x5' space. What would be my best options for cfl?

15. tubes?

16. Why not a cool tube hps?

17. Do they make cfls in tubes? How much would a cool tube hps cost?

18. He means t5 lighting. Like shop lighting. Erm A 400 watt cool tube from a store $270. Or you could DIY for less.