Some sort of deficiency? Help needed!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tonywax, Feb 16, 2013.

1. So one of my 6 plants in the tent is showin this very weird brown rusting spots, has anyone ever had a problem with this before and know how to fix it?

A buddy said he thinks it's calcium deficiency, but anyone else have an idea?

It's only happening on the older fan leaves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ca spots are orange. Mite spots are white. Fungal spots are brown. Rip that shit off? I'd remove the offending leaves and let the rest take it's place.

3. Thanks for the input, I don't think it's a fungal thing, but I'm going to remove all the heavily damaged leaves tonight. Hopefully my pH meter isn't broken I'm also going to test that make sure I haven't been locking them out.

4. Mg Def all day..... The necrosis you see means it was a while ago, I dont see any other leaves affected and it was likely fixed before you noticed.....

Holler

5. This is a mag def leaf, same curl, no spotting. Mag def allow fungal migration. The spots are fungal, he wasn't asking about the transient mag parity in the leaf. You probably confused the hell out of him...

[​IMG]

6. Should I toss this plant out in fear of infecting the others or if I fix the problem will it cease to exist?

7. Pull the leaf, clean the area up, remove spent foliage(id dead leaves), and let her grow. She's fine.

8. Thanks skunk for giving me a clear mind haha!

9. #9 "ridge"racer, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013

You pictured a leaf with powdery mildew... The op did nothing of the sort and If you can circle the fungal spore concentration Id like to see it... Please dont intervene when Im coaching a grower, I assure you that while I value all insight, Im not open to semantics friend..

The light shines for us all to see, with me?

10. I don't see any powdery mildew in any of pics posted, I know what powdery mildew is since it destroyed my last crop. There is no reason to get hostile I enjoy all the help I get. Thanks for helping me aswell.

11. The picture Skunk posted has powedery mildew on the end of the leaf pictured, you can see it clearly.. You did not have any PM on your plant, I would have told you..

PM doesnt kill MJ plants, but makes for a nasty little fungal infection that can lead to bigger problems in bloom if not remedied..

12. #12 Tonywax, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    My last crop had pm, not this one. Instead of trying to fight it i just tossed and started fresh. I invested in a sulfur burner to prevent/treat PM if it ever came back.

13. hell yeah, sulfur burners work, also, PM cant live below 40% RH, so thats an option as well in case you wanna avoid the sulfur, late bloom sulfur affects the taste if used in high concentrations, its gross!

14. Yeah I haven't seen any PM yet and my humidity is around 50%, don't have a dehumidifier :/. But I bleach washed all my tents, lights, duct, etc. after I tossed my last crop.

15. Most growers should listen to you about bleach, its an amazing disinfectant... I need to do this periodically myself, thx for the post!

16. What do you think real science labs use to completely disinfect their shit haha bleach! Yeah man check out my journal if you guys care to see how my project is coming along :)

And again thanks everyone for the help! :smoking: