Some quick ?s about lighting and strain choice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 804smoker, Sep 21, 2008.

1. #1 804smoker, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    Well Ive decided to get a grow going was going to include my bruh but said fuck it needs to grow his own. So Ive done the reading etc and found this site where I was going to get my 400wt light (HPS by da way). Can I do 7 aite sized plants with this light? Its only like 140 or so with shipping, is that too cheap? I dont want no light breaking down on me in flower. I ask this because the other site I was getting it from wanted 225 which sounds more reasonable. htgsupply.com is the one with the one for $140.I was thinking a decent indica that can put me out if you know of one of those let me know. Is 2zips per plant out the question with a 400wt? 14zips is something nice to be having but if thats impossible its aite. Ive been reading my ass off and getting tips from a friend who grew outside for about 3years but dont really know shit about indoors. But if 2zips is too crazy Ill go 600w if that means I can get 2 zips of some exotic.Glad to know I can ask questions I basically read a couple guides so I got a little background but all help is still wanted so any tips you know I\'d like thatBTW Im doing soil, got some soil from the local hydro store here.

2. Sorry if I this has been asked but I cant find it anywhere. All help is welcome

3. You want a 600 at the very least. General rule of thumb is 100 W per square foot, or per plant. So a 400 watt works best with 4 plants. More watts the better.

4. Well does anyone else have the answers to my other questions?

5. at 400w can only do 6 plants max.

6. What about Htg supply?

7. #7 Bank404, Sep 21, 2008
    2 onions per plant aint out of the equation, but i this is ya first grow so I don't know.
    just keep reading.
    HTG has good lights i sell them:D for a lil side $

8. Thanks guess NOONE else knows the answers to my questions

9. #9 Bank404, Sep 21, 2008
    Ite I'll answer all ya ?'s.
    get the $140 light.
    check out attitude seeds for some good indicas, like something from Nirvana or Greenhouse.
    If money aint a option for you check out Sensi seeds and TH seeds for some good shit.
    14 onions that's good money right there. but you should get a 600w

PM me ill let you know whats good.
    What kinda soil you using?

10. Thanks shawty. Yeah money aint no problem I can get whatever strain I want. One more question though. Is an Indica high better than a sativa high? I looked at those site too they got some stuff of seeds to choose from. Looking at that Trainwreck shit and some others but they out of stock so Ill at some others.

11. #11 rasputin, Sep 21, 2008
    Well... what's a better color, red or blue? It's the same deal. Some prefer one over another, each has it's own unique merit.

Do you want to be sitting on the couch or in your chair for three hours staring out into space, unable to actually put together a string of words?

Or do you want to feel light as a feather, floating on a big, puffy, cumulus cloud, full of warmth and energy, ready to go out and do something!?

For me, that's how I feel about each high. Indica's are a KO. Sativa's are a huge lift.

Happy hunting

Rasp