Some questions.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Auto Rock, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Hearing some various things around my church had me wondering different things. My pastor said "No one loves you more than I do besides God." This just didn't sit right with me. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves me but it just doesn't seem biblical to me. I always thought a mothers love was the greatest, of course that could be because of the poem. Can anyone show me in the bible who has the greater love?

Also he said "the power of God comes through the pastor." This didn't sit right with me either. We as saints can call on the power of God, or so I thought. I know that a pastor has a connection with God but I certainly don't think that the power of God comes through the pastor. Can someone show me where he might have read this?

I tried looking all this stuff up but I can't find it. Thanks for the help and I will probably have more questions to ask as I think of more.

2. I respect what you believe in, but priests and pastors are just as crooked as anyone else.

3. Every position in life has those that are good and crooked, pastors and such are not exempt. I never said they were. I know my pastor and for the most part, he is a good guy, not crooked. People can make those mistakes without being crooked. Of course I am not trying to be mean, I just wanted to get an explanation, if there is one, to what he said.

4. As far as I know, this is not biblical in any way, shape, or form. :)

You cannot find it because it is not in the Bible. Your pastor has not read the bible, or has, and cut it apart as everyone else does. :)

5. The way you decribe it, the pastor made it up to make himself sound like a pastor. Very existential stuff here: juicy. Bottom line is don't listen to a pastor, listen to yourself.

6. I would ask your pastor these questions. He has made a mighty claim, he needs to back it up.

7. Assuming he DOES love you more than anyone else in the world....I'm sure it's for all the WRONG reasons!

8. Amen to that! Just ask the pastor, I think the majority of us don't buy it though. Sounds like a big-shot who thinks he's better than you in the eyes of God.