Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some questions about hash ...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PantherXYZ, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Hello

I want to ask a few things about hash.

Is iso hash just pure THC or 8s there other cannabinoids in it? And is there any carginogens in iso hash or any other types of good hash, like bubba hash or some of the other ones?

(Im a total hash noob fwiw)

Thanks

2. Hash contains many cannabinoids and plant matter, the % of THC can vary in range depending on the extraction method. Hash is produced by exposing the plant to a non-polar solvent or using cold water+screens. Bubble hash is the result of the ice-water method and is the safest extraction. Ethanol extracted cannabis oil is considered the safest of the (relatively :D) non-polar extractions because the oil doesn't have to be purged of all the solvent before use. BHO is a low-temperature extraction using butane (really non-polar) and it's also safe using the right extraction method. There's a ton of non-polar solvents used in extraction making, most of them are completely safe but some require a lab. Carcinogens? Undoubtably a small concentration from combustable plant materials. Again, the method would increase/decrease the likelihood of carcinogen exposure.

3. bubble hash is the best quality, but lowest yielding. qwiso hash is perfectly safe imo as long as, opposed to previous poster, you let it evaporate completely and then some. quality is degrated due to the harsh solvent, but it still makes some kick ass hash. check my sig

4. thats exactly when its not safe. you have to purge it. just like any other wax. 

5. So is there not just some hash you can make that has no plant matter in it? Like how does iso hash have plant matter, i thought it was just pure crystals.

Also if there is some bad stuff in even the best of hash, how bad would it be in comparison to weed.

I say this because i vape or eat only but had an epiphany and thought maybe i could smoke some bongs of quality hash if they are perfectly pure.

6. Think about the process that occurs making hash. Solvents dissolve thc into a liquid, unless you had a solvent capable of ONLY dissolving thc of course some other gunk will dissolve with it. Particle seperation following that is only as good as the filter you use so if its not fine enough some plant matter that inevitable broke off the bud will remain in the hash/solvent liquid. Solvent is then seperated from the hash usually through evaporation, so if it isnt properly evaporated that will also remain behind.

Various things (waxes, cbd, etc) that are dissolved are what youd smoke in the bud anyway and are perfectly fine. It isnt good to smoke solvents however, although unless youre smoking a LOT of poorly purged hash you likely inhale more from your lighter fluid.

The purest hash in the world would have to be painstakingly assembled by picking trich heads off with tweezer and magnifying glass to assure nothing else is present.

Even conservatively its still likely going to be over 80% pure thc making oil even poorly. Your top shelf dispensary buds top out around 20%

7. So what happens when you consider using a bong vs a vape for toking the best hash?

Thanks for the help btw