Some People Are so fucking Heartless - R.I.P

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jesse, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Thanks man

It's life for me so I don't really think about it like that, Cheers you brightened my day!

2. What a fucking dickhead.. I'm sorry about your grandma man

3. My only question is why didnt you go visit on your own?

4 months is a long time to not visit your grandmother. I visited mine in a nursing home a few times a month.

Still, your father was pretty heartless to not tell you she died. He probably figured you guys didnt care, since your actions speak louder than your words.

Sad situation all around, i can see both sides though and its very sad for grandma in the end.

May she rest in peace. :(
    ~ poke

4. I never liked visiting her she was hooked up to all these machines and couldn't talk. Once a year was enough to bring back enough memories.

5. The person who raised me, my own grandmother passed recently. She couldnt speak at the end, but her eyes said it all. I made sure to look deep into her eyes and tell her how she had impacted my life, that I would always carry her with me, and that I cherished her, and how grateful I was that my wife and my children had gotten to know her on a personal level. I told her that she was all the best parts of me. she wanted to come home, so we prepped the house, but she never made it. Right before she went in I came over and painted half her house for her, anything she wanted. i dug a 70 foot long septic line and hooked her house up to city sewage. She was so happy at that effort and I felt fulfilled in a way I cannot express in words. My lung disease made it difficult to work, so I came over and worked in the cold of the night, digging with a pick axe and shovel, it took a few weeks, but she was worth it. I didnt even argue when she wanted six coats of paint instead of a primer, because she'd already bought the paint, and wanted it done HER way haha :D

I love her. Im sure you loved your grandmother as well. If there's anything I can do....please let me know. And thank you for letting me share that here.
    ~ poke

6. I lost my grandmother in July of this year. She had a fall in January and had been in a nursing home until a month or two before death. She finally came home, although bed ridden. There was no progress, stopped eating, drinking, thinking...she wasn't the same after she fell. She died the day after my birthday. I'm so glad I got to spend my time with her in her own home where I grew up. We watched the fireworks on the TV days before she died. She asked me to hold her hand, and rub her knee. We watched the fireworks while tears streamed down my face. She whispered to me to not cry. It only brought on more tears.

The whole time in the hospital, I was the only one who went the most. Her daughters went also, but I feel like they made things worse by visiting her. Then after her death all the family decides to come around. The whole family has done 180s on each other. I've talked to my own mother three times since she died. The same day my own mom tried to commit suicide an hour after my grandma died. It's crazy how death affects and changes people.

I hope you're doing ok, and would love to have someone to talk to who's been in similar experiences. Prayers go out to you!