some of the best advice ever

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by A AnoesisOrange, Aug 29, 2012.

1. this was a text convo between my mother and me:

my Mother: what is something that you need or want?

Me: i dunno.

my Mother: well just open up your mind AND dream!!

She's wonderful.

2. -I want to be cured of cancer mum.
    -Just pretend.

3. Ahhh, moms always caring and getting in my damn bidness...dedicate my current bowl to all the caring moms out there :bongin:

4. same convo if it was my mom..

you have a pretty cool mom

my Mother: what is something that you need or want?

Me: i dunno.

my Mother: bye, i aint got time for this shit!

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc]Dave Chappelle - The Secret - YouTube[/ame]

6. I hope you tell her that often!

Thanks for sharing this!

7. That's an interesting point.

We all tell people things they want to hear, need to hear. But how often is too often though?

Can you tell someone you love them, and do it all the time, and not have the words lose some of their meaning? If they expect to hear it, get used to hearing it, they get affected when they don't. Do people need to be told how you feel all the time or shouldn't they just already know?

Isn't it better to show them how you feel by doing something loving? Even the tiniest of things can mean more than all the words that can come from the mouth.

They say that actions speak louder than words. Sometimes I like what they say.

8. ^^ Good point, but I'd say that words spoken or written to someone are far more powerful than actions if your words are true.

And it is by your actions that the receiver knows whether the words are true - or hypocritical.

Proclaim truth to someone and it can become their truth too!

:smoke:

9. [quote name='"esseff"']

That's an interesting point.

We all tell people things they want to hear, need to hear. But how often is too often though?

Can you tell someone you love them, and do it all the time, and not have the words lose some of their meaning? If they expect to hear it, get used to hearing it, they get affected when they don't. Do people need to be told how you feel all the time or shouldn't they just already know?

Isn't it better to show them how you feel by doing something loving? Even the tiniest of things can mean more than all the words that can come from the mouth.

They say that actions speak louder than words. Sometimes I like what they say.[/quote]

I think its good at times to say what you feel directly with a person,

But over stating will make the person take you for granted, and as you said lose meaning.

Alittle speaking with lots of action I think is good