Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some of my nugs look a little strange, is it mold?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Helljumper, Jan 24, 2012.

1. So I picked up half an O of some God's Gift (an Indica) a few weeks ago. Whenever I take out my stash to get ready for a sesh, some of the nugs in the bag look a little weird. Now I haven't tried smoking any of these weird nugs yet. So far, I just avoid them and use the normal ones because I still have so much. But I know that eventually I'll be down to just these nugs that look a little off, so I wanna know if they're safe to smoke or not.

So I've attached some pics. The first two are of a nug that looks a little weird. If you look at the middle/bottom of the nug in the first two pics, there's a small area that doesn't look as green as the rest of the bud. It's almost white/yellowish. I'm wondering if that is mold. If it is mold, does that mean that all the weed in the bag with it is also bad (and maybe the mold just hasn't started to fully grow yet)?

Attached Files:

2. I can't really tell if it's mold, but I would get a jar.

3. Also, this isn't related to my potential mold issue, but I attached two more pics. The third pic is of one of the nugs that looks relatively normal. I was wondering, how dank does it look from your point of view?

The fourth pic is of the entire bag I got my half O in. I know there's no way to be sure, but I was wondering if any of you could sort of eyeball how much is remaining in it. I don't have a scale, and I just want to gauge how much I've gone through so far.

4. I always have this one at least ONE nug when i get some, it's almost like it's just OLD weed, not mold, is that possible, because it never makes it smell and never spreads

5. smoke smoke smoke
    smoke
    smoke
    msoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke
    smoek
    smoke smoke
    smoke
    :smoke:
    smoke dat shit bro

dooo eet

6. I don't really know I say it looks close to 10-11 grams still. You still have quite a bit still there. But, yeah I would get a jar or tupper-ware container to store it in just to be safe. From my perspective I would still smoke those they look fine.

7. if it's meds, take them back to the dispensary and have them look at it

8. All right, thanks for the replies.

So I just looked through the bag and I realized that there are only 2-3 small nugs that look like the weird ones in the pics I posted. So what's the worst case scenario if it is mold? Is the problem with mold more of a long-term kind of thing where it won't harm me too much if I only do it once or twice? Or is taking just one hit of moldy weed enough to cause some serious health problems?

9. looks fine to me what does it smell like?
    weed what has pretty bad mold will have a nasty smell to it.

10. looks fine to me too, i buy killer weed and see it a bit webby in spots sometimes, if it sketches you out pick off the dodgy bits or better yet, grind that shit up and smoke it!!!

11. You got that like rare wet type of kush it looks so fucking yummy. It's god's gift right? Wet, dark green indica, your lucky

12. take it back to the dispensary promptly. im sure they would replace it no questions asked. if it is mold they dont want to be distributing that around

13. I got it from a dispensary back home. I'm currently at school which is about a hundred miles away so I won't be able to go back for another month or so. I'll try to remember to take it by then if I haven't smoked it already lol

14. I don't see anything wrong with it. Infact, it looks amazing. I'd smoke it.

15. lol oops my bad bro, i totally had no idea...if I were you, I would've smoked it too lol, just pinch out the part that you think has mold and smoke the rest and see how you feel lol

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNelnqsmnlM]Is it Lupus?! - YouTube[/ame]