Some of my bass skills

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Yeah I know I'm not the next Nathan Hughes, but I try my best. Have been playing now for nearly 3 years. :)

http://fr.tinypic.com/player.php?v=deocj4&s=3

Sorry, I don't know how to embed these.

This one I shot quite a few months back, which explains the shorter hair:

[ame="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=znued2&s=3"]Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting[/ame]

2. Pretty good. Nice and fluid on your fret-hand.

3. Thanks. I think the 9 years of playing violin might have helped me out with my technique quite a bit.

4. That's cool. Do you still play violin?

5. No, not really. I love classical music, but it turned out being all I ever played for the looongest time.. so I said goodbye to Telemann and Vivaldi for a while. Sometimes when jamming with friends I'll get my violin out and improvise... but it's rare.

6. -nods-I've been playing bass for about 6-7 years, and I love it.

7. damn.. a talented player for having only 3 years of experience... and a beautiful one at that.

boy, would i like to jam with you hahah. keep it up.. you´ve got something there.

8. damn thats fucking hot, i dont know why but i was surprised to see you playing funk thats awesome

I play bass as well i recently upgraded to a fretless squier and i love it

9. I've only tried a fretless a few times at guitar center. Fresh sound. Nice change of pace, but it doesn't really fit the style of music I play.
    Do you have a pic of her?

10. Haha. Dude, you're trying to pick girls up over the internet. It makes me giggle:p

11. ever hear of a compliment, bro?

12. Yep.. have you heard of a joke? That's why I put this:p
    :D

13. oh shit! i didn't notice that though! hand me the dunce hat...:cool:

14. [​IMG]
    Enjoy :cool:

15. joke or not, i do fine for myself picking up girls in real life..

but it can´t hurt to give someone a compliment.. especially one that i believe in. now can it?

to be honest it didn´t seem like you meant that as a joke originally. lol

16. I digg your playing style. You should post some more vids!!

17. I dont have a real-life pic but this one is the exact i have only fretless

Squier by Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass IV Active and more 4 String Electric Bass at GuitarCenter.com.

Edit: If i can get a digital camera or something i could upload a vid of me playing it or my friends and I jamming

18. My bass is named Sir Bartholomew the 420th. He's an ibanez soundgear limited jazz bass edition.. I think there are only 500 of them or something like that. Got it in mint condition, second hand.. for 800 instead of the original price of 1600. Made me a very happy girl!

19. thats fuckin awesome :)