Some moron wants to take me to court help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by highnhappy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. #1 highnhappy, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    This isn't really that serious but input is welcome

theres a online game called runescape used to play it as a kid I had like 120m it and thats worth alot apparently so I sold it on a local community website for a xbox elite, I think that the kid just doesnt want the accounts because he kept texting me and asking how to make money and stuff. by the way I had him come to my house to drop off the xbox which kinda scares me he has temper problems im sure.

He first texted me saying hey I need to trade back the accounts back my I need some gas money Ill give you 250 bucks my next paycheck, I told him nicely"sorry bro I cant do that" and he told me he was taking me to small claims because " I didnt sign a contract saying no trade backs" (sounds like hes 8 sometimes)
    I just said "I put no trade backs" and he texts me saying "yeah well i put on the xbox your a no balled bitch and you got ripped off anyways its not a xbox elite its just a white one with a xbox elite cover" I know its an elite because it was brand new and it has the elite shit on it and its 120gb

then he says" cool guess what i lied to its 3 years old no warrenty jtag modded so ya get banned in the next week"
    so i said awsome

then he texts me"u wanna get fucked up?" Im on the way
    I said" you come on my property im bashing your head in with my snow shovel"

he says" ok pussy see you in about 20"

The next day he texts me" so did u take the accounts back"
    I said "no im never taking them back"

he said, "no I was pissed off ok i got kicked out of my house and needed money for gas"

I thought it was all over but just recently his "dad" texts me saying

"hey my son traded you a runescape account for a xbox 360 and i just barely found out so you need to trade back right now and if you dont im going to have the police involved"

me-"all trades are final your'son' is the only one thats going to be involved with the police i have texts of him saying hes gonna assault me you need to stop texting me"

Him-First off its my xbox and he is in deep shit i have read all the text and i know whats going on so you either trade back or the police will be knocking on your door"

me-I cant do that

him-you want to bet watch me its called stealing cuz you wotn trade back"( he sounds like a dad....)

me- you obviously dont sound like your his dad your dumb stupid..

him-I am his dad your the stupid one stealing my xbox from me...

They both sound stupid as hell or probably just the same kid wanting his xbox back I have questions about if he can really take me to small claims or even call me police on me I made a fair trade and I dont want to trade back thanks GC!!

2. Nothing will come of this. As long as you saved the texts and whatnot involved during the transaction you are fine. They won't call the cop's anyway, it just sounds like the kid trying to scare you by pretending to be his dad.

3. yeah but what about the legal stuff," Trade backs" the kids a duesch bag sounds like something he would do. his "dad" tried to call me I let him laeve me a voicemail and it sounds like a dad...

4. They're just trying to scare you.

5. I think it's hilarious that he sold a $250 xbox for an account to a FREE and lame online game you play on an internet browser.

That's basically like me walking into mcdonalds and giving them my iphone for a bunch of napkins.

6. If i were you though i would go talk to his dad face to face and figure everything out. If he's sincere and it was just his dumbass kid giving away his xbox cause he's a loser who sounds like he's messed up in the head, then i'd give it back.

And sorry for the double post.

7. hahahaha holy fuck runescape. when i was like 15 this same sort of situation happened to me, but with a friend of a friend. I was over it and sold (lets call him) bob my character/lots of items etc, he wasnt happy, ended up getting all these abusing phone calls from him and his dad. couple of weeks later our mutural friend calls me up saying "hey bob wants to fight you" so i went to where they were, kid pulls out a trolley pole and mutural friend says wtf takes it off him. we brawling like dumb ass 15 year olds do, then a random king hit i throw connects and fucks his nose, while crying and bleeding he says "i just want to trade back on runescape" his friends / mutural friend and me had the biggest laugh. Then i went to play tennis.

sorry i know this doesnt help your cause. I dont recon shit will happen from this though, kids probs just bluffing. until you see court doc's dont stress, and if you do see any post them on here for lol's cuz he wont win shit.

8. Yeah, I know that game is lame as shit and even if i talk to the dad im not giving it back hes gonna have to get the money from his son, the kid never even gave me all he said he is missing 2 paddles

9. ur fine dude, its in the terms and agreements, the simple fact that he bought the account makes him illegal too. nothing will come of this. ever heard of world of warcraft? well people do the same thing there, u cant get in trouble for it from anyone but jagex ( thats who i think made runescape ) or blizzard in WoW's case. So basically tell the kid to shove it

10. hahaha thats funny as shit If he takes me to court ill post them up on here of course and If he gives my number to anyone and they harass me......:smoking:

11. Man! Wow. I can't believe some people.
    Don't listen to a thing either of these people say. And definitley don't let it worry you. You & the kid made an arrangement, he gave you the 360, you gave him the accounts & he left. Later he says he wants it back (which you are not obliged to do), then harrases you saying "it was a fake", "I got kicked out", & "I'm gonna beat your ass". The dad getting involved is just icing on the cake. Him taking you to court for not accepting a tradeback is about as legally just as you suing him for trading you a "modded/hacked, regular 360, posting it as an elite" You got what you wanted & he got what he wanted. Just because he changed his mind doesn't mean he can sue you. If the police DO come (which they by no means should), just show them the text messages & the original agreement. I'd ask the "dad" whether it was a 360 or an elite, just so you'll end up knowing for sure. I'd also tell the 'Dad' he should have his son buy him a new 360.
    Wah Wah Wah Waaaahhhhh. Cry me a river.:cry:

12. lol on what basis can he take you there? only jagex could take you there and you honestly think they care about this? lol. wouldnt even worry about it.

13. Anddd this is one of those times that taking my business classes in HS will help.

I can promise you, nothing will happen.

He accepted your deal, never mentioned the possibility of a trade back.

He then took you're account, and gave you the xbox, which in the end closed the trade.

Which means, in order for him to get his xbox back ( unless at the time of the trade he mentioned a trade back ) you guys have to come up with a new deal, that BOTH of you guys have to agree on... or else it isn't a trade and can't legally be done, which would then be considered stealing.

Good luck with your new xbox, and may I suggest getting call of duty modern warfare 2, excellent game.

14. thanks guys but I have a feeling hes gonna keep buggin me, I can also hack the account back i have the cc # from the first time i made it member and thats all ou need to get it back, and he could have no proof i hacked it and even tho hes bein a lil bitch to me I would feel bad, I guess i could tell him if he doesnt leave me alone im gonna do that

15. playing cod right now, mainly the reason theres no fuckin way hes gettin his xbox back:devious:

16. Don't threaten him, that will make the cops get involved.

Just send him a text explaining that the trade is done, any further texts will be reported to the police as harassment.

If that still doesn't work, and you don't really want to get the police involved, save that text call up your phone carrier and tell them you want his number blocked, they will ask why and what's the problem just tell them he keeps harassing you.

17. i see your point but the op sold his acount which is illegal too.

but on topic. i doubt you will go to court for $250 haha thats just dumb and a waste of time. and i think ive heard something that you cant sue for under $ 400 or something.
    not sure though..

18. here you cant take them to reg court but small claims you can sue for 20$ min

19. judge judy styles

20. that kid is stupid if anything he will get in trouble