Some more PETA bullshit, Please dont throw fish!

Discussion in 'General' started by Indi420, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Well if you live in seattle you might know what I'm talking about, Here in our fair city we have had fish throwing since I can remember and it is one of the staples of the pike place market. Tradition really. Tradition that PETA wants to stop. Here is the story.

First off here is some of the fish throwing i'm talking about if you don't live in seattle or have any idea wtf im talking about.

Fast forward to 1:13 to get to the action.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbtsfyrEF_c]YouTube - SEATTLE "PIKE PLACE FISH CO."[/ame]

Story :

SEATTLE -- PETA is urging the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) to cancel a fish-throwing demonstration by Pike Place Fish Market fishmongers at an upcoming Seattle convention.

In a letter sent to the AVMA, PETA says if the demonstration is to be held then they will provide rubber fish in place of the real fish.

PETA says that "fish are intelligent, sensitive animals who deserve better than to be torn from their ocean homes, only to have their corpses used as toys at a convention of veterinarians."

The veterinarians have not yet responded to PETA.

An assistant manager at the Pike Place Fish Market, Justin Hall, says workers there respect
    fish because it's their livelihood and they take pride in having the best seafood.

Source : PETA Asks Pike Place Fishmongers To Not Throw Fish - Seattle News Story - KIRO Seattle#

Peta needs to fuck off.

2. arent the fish already dead???

3. yeah but apparently its disrespectful to throw them. :rolleyes:

"It's cruel enough to eat fish, but it literally adds insult to injury to use them as toys for silly stunts," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "The AVMA should be siding with animals, not with animal abusers."

4. That is what i was thinking!

Next we will have that tomato throwing fest in spain questioned and with it go all of the worlds old traditions. I can understand some people questioning the value of throwing food away as is the case in spain but for gods sake chill out people.

5. I seriously wish ecoli from spinach an all those dumb fucks. I am a a supporter of animal rights and those PETAtards give us all a bad name.

6. fuck peta I cant stand them.

7. fuck yeah! peta can suck my fuzzy balls

i love that south park episode...

8. Why won't anybody think of the cute cuddly fish?

[​IMG]

9. I respect Peta, but is going too far. Rediculous. :rolleyes:

10. i guess there is going to be protesters down there now. :mad:

Makes me want to pick up a fish and slap a peta in the face with it. Getting in the way of peoples jobs to protest the throwing of dead fish.

What fucking assholes.

11. if peta wants to protect LIVING animals from harm, then fine that's good.
    BUT THEY ARE FUCKING DEAD YOU DUMB FUCKING PETA CUNTS! DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE!

12. They should just tell them to try it else where.
    thats like when they wanted ben and jerrys to use breast milk instead of cow milk.
    hahaha

13. fish is delicious

14. lol musta dropped that one

and for real, PETA's fuckin wack. trying to ruin everyone's fun, using animal rights as an reason to fuck with others' ways of life, not unlike terrorists using jihad as an excuse to do what they do (and u know what they do :mad: )

15. I wish people would throw my corpse around when I die....I guess that's why we have dreams. :(

16. PETA is just a bunch of morons who love to throw their weight around and hear themselves talk.

GET A REAL JOB GODDAMNIT!!

17. wat...how could of peta even herd of that...that was so stupid to me sorry lol...

18. Yes, and they also want BlueBell to use human milk instead of cow milk in their ice cream....

(not kidding, they really protested for it)

19. retarded group looking for attention, seriously? Who cares if you throw the fish around; there already DEAD. And it's for good use, all the fish is being sold and eaten..

It's not like it's a game "throw the fish in this bucket and you get to keep it" 5$ a throw, kind of stuff.

20. hahahha
    I wonder if they would count that as assault with a deadly weapon..