some minor questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420shaffer, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Hello all im new to indoor growing

I was going to order the AG pro 200
    because iv seen many great grow journals with the AG and the autoflowering strains
    offered @ drchronic
    I just recently got my batch of NYDIESEL x blueberry x ryder
    So im working with an autoflowering strain, which is perfect for me because i just want to experiment and learn to grow before i take on larger tasks you know? plus im just wanting to save some money in the long run and start growing my own instead of relying on dealers an other people.

Well anyways to the question,

I dont have no setup im just going to buy a few CFLs and have them in my closet, I have enuff space but my question is
    for the autoflowering strains
    im not sure which wattage light i should get?
    And im also not sure what type of soil/fert i should use and how big of pots to keep them in?
    Like i said im fairly new to growing and kind of a noob iv tried to look
    but most of the help topics here focus on regular marijuana not the autoflowering strains
    and since they have way diff characteristics I didnt know if alot was going to change?

A little bit of in sight please?

2. For a couple of plants, CFLs will work just fine. The general rule is 100w per plant and 50w for each additional. Use the 6500k (bright white or daylight) for veg and 2700k (soft white or cool white) for flower. Any commercially produced grow mix will be fine. Avoid any soil that has time released nutes in it, its bad news in the long run. I have grown several Lowryder 2 plants in soil in 2 gal pots along with CFLs. Its a good set-up for some easy, fun to grow smoke.