Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some med questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by pinkman, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Hey guys, dont realy post much here but read up ever few days. Anyway my friend that takes effexor and adderall was wondering if there was any harm in smoking. Just tryin to make sure so he doesnt freak out. Thx guys much apritiated.

2. doubt it will affect anything.

3. Look at it this way - it's a lot safer then drinking with them. I doubt it would harm too much. Just remember, everyone is different and may have a different reaction.

4. I don't know about the adderall but the effexor is some serious shit. In some people hallucinations visual and aural can come about. I was on it for about 3 months until I thought there was someone in my passenger seat when I was driving home from work one day

5. intriguing....i see a bottle of prescription effexor in my mom's medicine cabinet

6. Effexor is a NO GO! It can cause some serious problems with weed, since its not an SSRI or a regular anti depressant. It also attempts to fix the physical part of depression, not just the seritonin in your brian. For this reason it can cause extreme heart rates of like 150 beats and above, I forget what the medical term is, but thats what happens.

this is a qoute from a erowid experience "After more testing, the physician finally concluded that the neurological combination of cannabis and venlafaxine caused seretonin to rise to extremely dangerous levels in the cerebral section of the brain. This directly caused the incredibly increased heart rate, as well as seizures. His oxygen saturation was at 84% due to the fluttering of the heart. His heart was pumping so fast that its effectiveness was lost and more CO2 was in his blood gasses than O2- thus causing additional cardiac stress and output. He had an arrythmia known as a severely prolonged QT Interval which was triggered by the seretonin toxicity- again- a result from the combination of cannabis and venlafaxine. "

7. Trust me it's not a recreational drug. No ssri's are---they are meant to be taken over time to work not just to pop a whole bunch and trip

O and effexor is an SSRI I'm almost positive it is

8. Its not an SSRI its an SNRI.

EDIT: it stands for serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor by the way, and the norepinephrine is the part that causes the problems, the serotonian can add to them aswell, whereas just an SSRI isn't a problem.

9. Damn haha the moment I admit I'm wrong it is an SNRI but is often mis-classes as a SSRI i read on google. If anyone was interested in the drug I found this link also http://www.crazymeds.org/effexor.html

10. Do NOT take effexor. Its a fucking anti-depressent not something you can take to get fucked up. Also if you are on it you become very dependent on it and if you miss a day of taking it it will mess up your mood pretty badly for that day.

11. Thanks alot guys, hes been wanting to smoke REALY bad...but i guess its not for him.