some info on my grow+ some questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Littletoast, Sep 21, 2012.

1. First off id like to say that if i wasnt too parinoid about it i would show you all pics of my 2 survivors from my last/current grow. one of my girls was an experiment and i trained the hell outta her. shes over 4 months old and is no bigger than a 1 litre bottle if i stood it straight up(its tied down). the other girl is about a month old and isnt stunted as bad as i thought she would be. and since i only have 1 grow tent they both are getting 12/12. my soil was shit and i rushed into things, causing a waste of the past 4 months. im about to start mixing my own organic soil thanks to "inthegarden" and "jerry";) but i just had a few questions before i get into this again.

first off. my humidity goes up and down depending on if the lights are on or off.. is it normal for my rh to go from mid 60s to mid 30s?

second. when i open my box in the mornings just before the lights go out my top leafs are drooping on my younger less stunted of the two. the other plants leaves dont seem to do it. sometimes its so bad that the top leafs are curled so far down they touch the stem! :confused:

Third. im looking for some confirmation on this..
    when it comes to pots, i was hoping to do taller pots aposed to the wide pots. the reason why is i have a small area but a good bit of highth i can sacrifice. if i get skinny pots that still hold 3 gallons but arent that wide i can fit more into my grow. picking up what im throwing down?
    how skinny can i go? i dont know the exact demensions, but say i went with an 8 inch around pot that was 18 inches deep(or however deep to get 3 gallons)? would that be too skinny for the plants to like it? basically they would have more room to grow down then they would out.

any help would be appreciated!:wave:
    thanks beforehand!

2. Tall pots are ok.. ive never had issues as long as they have enough room to grow. drooping leave.. i think of underwatering first.. but would need a pic to substanciate that

3. i keep them watered fairly well. could it be over watering? pictures? sorry no

4. Hey toast.
    First, about the leaves. How much water are you giving them and how often? It could be a few things, but we've got to know that first. Tall pots will be fine. Taller, skinnier pots are typically more desirable than shorter, wider pots of the same volume. I'm assuming you are buying the pots and not making them, right? They are not going to be too skinny, trust me. 3 gallons is 3 gallons regardless of the shape of the pot, but a taller pot tends to be better for establishing a large, deep root system than a shallow pot.

Get back to me on how much and how often you are watering and we will get it figured out. I think it is most likely heat stress, but I want to know your watering regimen before I diagnose. Do the leaves recover after the light goes off?

5. Do u have thermometer/hygrometer with plants? Give us day/night temps and water regimen?