Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some info on migraines

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by redhead420, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hey I thought you guys might find some info useful, since it helped me. I'm newer to mj but know a SHIT TON about migraines, so if you get them from mj, want to use pot to cure them or are just curious, here are a few things that may help.

First, pot dilates the blood vessles in your head. Migraines are typically related either a constriction or an expansion of the blood vessels in the head. If you're already getting migraines, how do you know which kind you have? If caffeine makes it worse and heat makes it better, yours are caused by constriction. If this is the case, mj will ease your migraines. If caffeine makes if better and cold helps you, your blood vessels constrict when you have a migraine and it's probably not a good treatment. You should probably smoke when you don't have one.

For those who get migraines AFTER pot: I've found that caffeine (like the concentrated kind in mcdonald's ice coffee drinks) helps regulate my head by constricting the blood vessels when I'm readjusting during the day or two after smoking. Also, consider whether or not you get migraines from allergies. It may be that smoking the ash is causing them, in which case, put only one toke's worth in at a time, smoke it and throw away all the ashes, or simply switch to a vape.

Hope that helps! :smoke:

2. Hi

Thanks this is very interesting, I had no idea about the different types of Migraine.

Mine get worse with caffeine, and can be caused by it. But I have always found cold to ease them. Marijuana definitely works for me. so maybe I should try heat next time!

cheers

Bu66