Some help

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by followmebefree, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Alright so anyone here with some experience could possibly offer some help.

I am 18, and am a student in University. I smoke weed pretty regularly as it has an amazing affect on my mind. At least I think it does.

So I have always been a deep thinking person. I enjoy more time alone than most people even though I have a good head on my shoulders. And sometimes when I am high, and I am alone, I think about some pretty deep things. Things that I would normally never think about and or realize.

The other day, when high, I was getting very emotional and upset. I saw things involved with my family (parents are divorced=confusion) that I never saw before. I don't know if I should trust these feelings. They are so deep that I can hardly even think about them when I am not high, it is just too much to handle.

Is there anyone out there who thinks deeply like me?
    Will this go on for the rest of my life?
    Is the weed what is making me think? or is the weed just letting me think?

2. You are very special and have natural abilities at affecting other and vice versa.
    You may want to look into demigods and gods in mythology because they do walk among us.

Analyse all the moves and songs you like and your true path will be revealed.

Smoke some weed, meditate, use some scents and get a birthstone. Some
    Other gems may be useful that apply to your zodiac sign.

Peace

3. You're not the only one that thinks deeply like that by a long shot man. Pretty much everyone in this section of the forum is like that lol. The herb is definitely great for enhancing deep thought.

When I was 17-18 I was going through the confusion of a recent divorce too, and the weed would let me get really deep into things and see things with an added clarity. It would help me get to starts where I would have really deep epiphanies about this things in my life... like one of them was the fact that my dad never having a dad really impacted him subconsciously a lot and lead to a lot of the behaviors he was showing at the time, and the stuff he was going through.

You will probably always have your gift of insight and deep thinking. To me, that trait can actually be a very good thing. You start to see more "into" the world than just the surface, and you can actually start to understand things, understand the people and the world around you more, thus making you a wiser friend more capable of helping others.

As the ancient sages say, "Know yourself and you will know others." If the universe has led you to be looking deeply into yourself with the help of the herb at this point in your life, then you that is probably what you should be doing right now. You'll transition as life goes on.

And the weed isn't "making" you think.. it is relaxing you/stimulating the mind you already have. The weed itself can't give your mind anything it doesn't already have. So it's not implanting thoughts in your head, it's just letting you think.

However, be aware... the "clarity" that comes with weed can be kind of deceptive... some times it can be a temporary clarity, that actually becomes a fog. You'll think you're thinking clear when you're high, then when you're sober you can't integrate those thoughts as well. I found that that happened to me later in my "smoking career", and as I started to cut back I found a lot more clarity in my sobriety.

I'm not saying quit smoking... well all have own paths to walk. keep doing your thing. :) Peace

4. Psychoactive substances are catalysts for change that also require change in order to work properly.

5. My advice is to embrace the feelings, write them down. There's a reason you are having these thoughts, its your mind being shown the truth in whatever it is that you are reflecting on.. whether you want to know the truth right now is the question.

Marijuana has shown me the truth in a lot of things, some of which have really scared me because my mind had sort of shut it out until then - almost as a defense mechanism I suppose. I remember as a kid I would reflect on what death would be like, put myself in the moment of dying (note I have always been an agnostic so death for me is essentially just blackness and unconciousness) and it would bother me, but a few seconds later my mind would shut it out and I would forget about it for an extended period of time.

It wasnt until I started smoking weed, especially alone, that these thoughts would almost encompass my mind on a daily basis and it really scared the shit out of me and caused some problems.. but I pushed through it and got used to it, and now death doesn't scare me. It's caused me to have a new, more positive view on life - encouraging me to pursue a life of happiness any way I can.

So I say listen to what it's saying, and try to accept it. It may take time, and you can even stop smoking for a while and reflect on it soberly which is what I did because I didnt wanna smoke out of fear of those intense thoughts, but you'll get used to it and grow from it :)

Goodluck bro, btw what university you at?? If you dont mind me asking