Some guy breaks into your house

Discussion in 'General' started by gentleman, Feb 12, 2014.

1. At this point I'm sure you could classify it as a "citizens arrest", but I'm sure there are stupid technicalities that state otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I didn't say anything about shooting anyone

keeping one in the chamber is irresponsible unless you can guarantee you're the only person who is going to handle the firearm. the sound of the shotgun would be a more appropriate way of announcing your presence than a vocalization. it announces your presence AND intent.

4. Its only irresponsible if the people around you aren't trained and proficient with firearms. All mine are.

Sent from my MexiPhone5000

5. #45 DorianOmega, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Most law supports that if someone breaks into your house armed or unarmed and you think hes a threat to your life then you could kill him and get away with it on self defense. Based on this it should make sense you could easily detain someone with a lethal weapon.

Realistically Id hit the mofo up the side of the head with a bat, drag his unconscious body to my car and drop him out of the car onto a country road ditch miles away.
    Wouldnt be worth the police coming over to the house to spend 3 hours dicking around to take him away.

6. #46 docleary, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

and yet, you instructed strangers to keep loaded guns around, not knowing their situations.

70% of people ought not to have anything to do with firearms, much less chronically loaded firearms.

7. What the blue fuck is a 'chronically' loaded gun?

8. #48 Royal Vengeance, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

Id go as far as to say 95% of households in the US arent "Trained and Proficient" in Firearms. 

Like someone up there pointed out. You showed your lack of training in that post

9. This is exactly what ran through my head.

10. Chronically: in a habitual and longstanding manner.

well, lets break it down.

chronic - marked by long duration or frequent recurrance.

do i have to define loaded gun?

12. Whatever you fuckin condescending commie, get blasted by a methfreak, see if I care. You seem real butthurt by the topic of firearm knowledge. You say i show a lack of training, yet you nothing of my situation or circumstance. You're going to argue with me about guns, however it seems like you are just flat-out anti-gun. Do i wish guns or even black powder for that matter, was invented? No. I wish guns never existed at all. But they're here and there is no going back. Every man, woman and child should kniw what a gun is, what it can do, and how to safely handle and operate them. We can agree to disagree on this. I will never change my mind. Thanks.

you got that first bolded sentence dead wrong. i own several firearms, and know how to use each effectively.

we agree on the second bolded sentence.

but i disagree with the inbetween.

14. Well then we are partially agreed, and partially disagreed. A good day to you and yours. May your aim always be true.

15. In my house he'd get two in the dome, then I drop a burner on him. End of story

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Kind of funny how you could kill an intruder and still die or not kill him and still die. Your dead no matter which decision you choose... life

17. There's always some form of citizens arrest. Where I'm at it all depends on there interpretation of "reasonable force". I don't know if holding someone at gunpoint is reasonable force though. That also brings gun laws in. So it's complicated, like most of those self defense laws.

18. Florida here, so yes I could easily hold them at gun point until the police arrive

20. I fucked up that quote. Sorry