Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some good buds

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JT3, Sep 4, 2005.

1. here are some good buds i got this weekend, i've been enjoying them. click here Though some of yall might like to see a pic.

2. looks like iight bud man good score brother

3. is that a screen i see in your bowl?

4. I noticed that too. Tsk tsk tsk...

Nice buds though.

5. eh, upper mids.

6. alright, i know i havent really been smoking the last few years, but whats wrong w/ havin a screen? Back when i started gettin high there was nothin wrong with it, so whats changed? Personally i dont like sucking ash down my throat......lol. But plz enlighten me on the screen thing.

7. I hate the metallic taste of screens, that's all. I use them in all my metal pipes because if I didn't the weed would fall through; but my glass pipe and all the glass pipes I've ever seen, the bowl is molded so there's just a tiny hole at the bottom and you don't need to use a screen. Maybe yours is different.

8. Some people are tards man...

They inhale smoke just like any cigarette smoker yet bitch an moan about the health issues of using a steel or brass screen like it's 1000's of times worse then the excess crap in the smoke giving you more then a buzz

I use a glass jax screen in one bub and metal in the other (fine vaporwarez screen) doesn't seem to make much difference if you're not a newbie hitting the bowl with the bic throughout your whole hit

Nice nugs dude...could sure use 'em right now lol

But uh as everyone looks at me as a vaporizer bastard ....VAPORIZE! From mendo grinder to vap chamber to my lungs mmmm...

9. ^^^ You don't get that brief stinging "bite" on the tip of your tounge when you use metal screens? Maybe my friends and I just keep buying the wrong ones :p But yeah, not using metal for health reasons is pretty stupid.

10. I've never tried a vaporizer either..... i quit smokin in jan. 2000, took about a 5 yr break due to a job that i had, and this past december i got out of that job and am startin to smoke agian. But a vaporizer is something that reduces smoke or what? Hell i've smoked out of all sorts of stuff, like toilet paper rolls, apple cores, aluminum cans.....but the whole smoking scene seems to have really changed the last 5 years.....i dunno im ramblin, im stoned..think im gonna go have another hit, then come check this thread agian for replies...i have myself real curious right now...lol.

11. I dunno how much it's changed, if at all... I've smoked out of all those things, in fact, a paper-towel roll shabong is still one of my fav ways to smoke.

12. dont worry about the screen man its better than getting ashes in your throat then have cotton mouth and have to spit it out...ehhhh

13. astro - it may be the way you hit it? Try to just whisp the flame over the bud in the middle or sides if you corner so you just cherry it. If you don't hit it with a 900 degree flame directly the screen just filters better keeping your piece clean. Theres more then enough bud an resin/smoke filtering down to keep any actual metal to smoke contact from happening

JT vaporizers heat the bud to around 370-390 degrees depending on personal taste. Technically your speeding up the thc atoms just to the point of activation an detacthment from the green plant matter

Tons of designs out there all have been ripped off in commercial solutions

If you wanna give it a try dig up a 2 liter a 100 or 60w light bulb and some foil

All you do is wire up the light (you could add a dimmer to keep it from burning) make a close contact bowl outta foil for the bulb

Just toss some herb in toss the 2 liter over it (same bottom removal as gravity bongs an all that) an wait till you see a mist coming off

Inhale away...

Check my old diy vap post if you wanna spend around 120 bucks for a proper convection based vaporizer. These like the volcano one fill an oven bag with dense vapor that is just a oily cbn (body high stuffs) and yummy flavorful thc trichome vapors (heady stuff)

So the answer is no smoke what so ever...it's a light flavorful mist that you don't even feel going down..however the lungs moving with vapor in them do give you a slightly annoying cough once you exhale. This is purely based on the vapors density per sq ft and not much in the way of actual lung irritation. It's like smoking a menthol cigarette for the first time..sorta gives you this dry lung feel.

A drink or filtering it through the water will add some moisture as will lowering the temp or speed to adjust the vapor density in the bags. I haven't smoked in a looong while and when I do it's soley for the good toking memories and a bit for taste but the hits suck i rarely get baked off it unless it's just the right style of inhalition.

Haha...there ya go..try an dig through that stoned :D

Bubbles...yeah try actually inhaling a pea sized bit of bud INTO YOUR LUNGS!

Horrible feeling... worse when you cough hours later an it pops up...so nasty

14. I don't know, when I hit pipes and other non-bongs I just hold the flame for a second to start the burning and let my air intake ignite the rest... although it is during that time when I do have the lighter there that I taste it... it's not really a taste, it's more like someone took something really bitter and just touched the end of your tounge with it. The whole hit doesn't taste bad, just that second or so before the mary jane taste fills my mouth. It doesn't happen with glass pipes or bongs, so I don't know what the deal is really, just that I know when I use a screen I "taste" it before each hit. Obviously it's not bad enough to make me stop using screens or metal pipes, but I wouldn't want to "taint" my glass spoons by adding a screen, that's all.

15. lol you're smoking through a metal pipe an you taste metal... :p

I smoked through a thin steel screen that never actually got lighter hot in a glass piece...lol probably why you tasted metal if you hit it the same as I do

16. i only use screens for non glass pieces. buds look nice btw.

17. looks like some decent bud man

18. i love weed

19. Well I do know it's not from the metal pipes because I get the taste in my wooden pipes that I have to use screens too.

20. they sell some glass screans