Some General Hydroponics questions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Scab Herb, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I'm back to work now and expecting my first decent paycheque in awhile so, yay no more MG. My last repoting I went from 5 to 22gal and flushed it with my garden hose (well water low calcium) tested the runoff with one of those capsule tests. My results were as close as I can tell PH was neutral to very slightly acidic, high N, low/very low P and K. No nutes since repotted. My plant is and unknown indica outdoors and at my latidude should start flowering in the next few weeks. I went down to the grow store t'day and just walked up to the counter and said "I need qoute on some good fertilizer" after some back and forth he started steering me to a generic looking brand but seemed hesitant about it I think he heard "I'm cheap and I'm still gonna complain". This was about the time I noticed the display of bongs and felt more at ease so I stoped him and asked what he uses. He smiled and led me over to the general hydroponics section and I was shocked, alot cheaper than I expected. I'm budgeting $250-300 for nutes and his quote on gallon jugs of "keep it simple solution" 3 part was only $100ish. I'm new to gardening but no stranger to mixing chemicals and am fully aware that more than recomended doesn't give better results. What I'm wondering is that those 3 jugs will get me what need to keep the plant from dying basicly? I have the grow schedule pamphlet he gave me and it shows a bunch of suplementals, I'm looking for max yeild It's a 40+ top lst with a slalk like a shovel handle will these pay off? Do I need all of the suplementals seing as how I'm half done already? I also fliped the pamphlet and see the expert feed program, I'm no expert but I do like complicated, I love math, and read charts for fun, is going with the expert a bad idea? It seems like my budget has plenty of headroom so is there anything I'm missing, besides PH up/down and a PH tester they're on the list? I have some other bush plants and plan on doing this next year so I think the gallons of the 3 part will pay off but I can get away with smaller suplementals?