Some B&W pics

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by SuperNES, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Hey guys, this is my first post so don't be too harsh.

I'm an amateur photographer who smokes every day, so i thought i'd share some of my work with you guys. I'm pretty much stoned for all of these i took.

Any feedback is awesome, positive or negative.

Keep tokin!

SuperNES

2. I'd give ya some feedback but I see no pix

3. So you were stoned when you took the photos, I'm guessing your were in a similar state when you tried to post them.:p

Welcome to Grasscity!

4. I give you a feedback rating of: Neutral :poke:

5. sorry guys, i don't really know what i'm doing hahaha. let's try this again?

and yes, forums and blazing don't mix well for me.

Attached Files:

6. Nice portraits man!:)

7. very kevin smith... nice! :wave:

8. Numbers six and seven have to be my favorites.

Full critique when I wake up...

9. Thanks guys! These were some of my best shots involving the good herb in some way. I'll post more as soon as i resize them.

keep tokin!

SuperNES

10. Hey man, I'm curious about what film you used for these! It looks like Kodak T-MAX 100 or 400, but I could be wrong. The class I'm taking has us use TX400 most of the time, but they let us experiment with different brands and speeds (3200 is bloody awesome, by the way).

11. I shoot with tx400. i'm pretty limited right now with my manual 35mm, although i did manage to catch a few awesome shots this weekend (first color roll, hella anxious). Hopefully i'll be investing in a digital camera soon.

Honestly though, does anyone else feel like digital cameras are sort of like....cheating? haha.

Keep Tokin!

12. You can actually turn the LCD screen off on mine, plus I keep it on Manual most of the time.

It's easy to pretend that you're hardcore... so to speak. :p

13. durchii what are you shooting with? i'm thinkin about an older model nikon, but idk what spending too much or too little is.

i've got a hella long way to go.

14. I shoot with a Canon 30D, 17-85mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and a Bogen-Manfrotto PRO3021 tripod.

It takes a hell of a long time to save for your first DSLR, but it's well worth it in the end. Tell me what you think your budget might be and I'll get back to you.

Secondly, check out http://dpreview.com which has extensive camera reviews from pretty much every company in the game, not to mention the enormous sample galleries. They list prices as well, on most models.

15. Durchii, did i mention your the fuckin man?

16. Right back atcha, buddy.

17. If you dig "Pop Rock Portraiture" check out/google Herb Ritts and Bruce Weber, sort of the apex of this type of stuff, Richard Avedon has some cool shit too.:cool:

18. thanks for the heads up nps, i'll check em out!

19. 150 percent better then the color series. i wasnt feelin those but this has got a good feel to it. if u ever have any photography related question feel free to PM me and ill help ya out.

20. shit! thats exactly what i was thinking. It was my first time shooting color though... and i've been doing b&w for a while (a while being a shaky year). I mean, i love the artistic quality of bw but if i want to have a career i need to learn color too.

Why can't we live in the 20s?!