Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some Advice Please

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bud Nukem, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Hi There,

I have had my permit for MMJ for about 2 months now. I will be starting my first crop of medicine any day. I can have 24 dry oz., and 15 plants, at any one time, as a 60 day supply. I will have my first harvest of 7 plants in about 3-4 months.

I vape my weed for the pain when I am not at the office, and do some cannabutter with the vape left overs for edibles, as well. I am still taking pain meds when at work (and sometimes at home too) for an accident I was in that left my neck messed up forever.

When I get my first harvest, I won't have to pay $250 an oz any more, and I plan on becoming very good at putting together effective medicines of all types, so I can be done with regular pain meds, in all forms.

I work in a job where I am in the office 3 days a week, and work from home 2 days a week. I am familiar with the recipes for firecrackers, and how to create capsules of activated medicine, cannabutteretc.

My need for info is this:

In figuring out what I need to eat during the day, can anyone who does this (treats intractable pain, like the kind a person gets when a bulging disc presses on their spinal cord) give me some guidelines on what to figure, dose wise, so I don't Gumby-ize myself, but can effectively treat the pain?

All input is welcomed...Thanks!

2. I always say that it's your own body tolerance that's the key factor. You'll just have to do some experimentation to be honest, it's really tough to dose someone else. For some people a single cookie is enough for a day's worth of relief, for others it takes two or three of the same cookie.

Also, once you start eating it your tolerance level will rise, and you'll most likely need to eat slightly more or go on tolerance breaks every now and then.

Good luck!

3. "so I don't Gumby-ize myself"

LOL!

Wild Will's got it right...only you can decide what the correct dose is gonna be for yourself.

With the food, you should try it on days your not working to start, eat a small amount, wait a bit, if it's not helping the pain, eat a bit more...then you'll have an idea of what amounts of herb you'll need for each dose...then you can adjust your recipe to kinda get it all in a single cookie or other form of edible for easy dosage.

Just take it slow and don't try to Gumby-ize yourself right away...yea, you'll be pain free, but you'll never know exactly what amounts of herb you'll actually need to alleviate the pain without going over the top and wasting your medicine..

4. To make sure you have a consistent dosage. Make sure to measure out the amount of bud/trim you use in your butter. Try to keep a consistent weight throughout all your batches.