Some advice before I start my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Crane, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Allright, I'm going to have a 2' wide 2' deep 5' tall cabinet to grow in, most likely with four 80mm computer fans routed into two Carbon Filters, and under 250W CFL. What's the best way to get maximum yield in minimum time, so I can harvest more often?

I was thinking an LST grow, but would SCRoG be better?

2. my advice would be to read some info on here, read some more, then read more again ;)
    There is a vast range of knowlege here right at the click of your mouse thanks to GC
    Use the search feature and search for LST Guide/101, FIM guide/101, Topping guide/101 (by dierwolf). There really is some REALLY useful info if you look hard enough. If I have time later I will try to pop back and give you some links (incase you're too stoned to bother lol)
    My best advice is to plan for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING

Youre setup sounds good so far, hope it all goes good for you, if you start a grow journal i'll be along for the ride dewd ;)

3. Since you're a begginer and you only have space for one plant only I'd do the SCRoG method first and then experminet with LST later...

4. You have space for 3, maybe 4 plants. First, get as much light as possible in there if using CFLs, or really invest in a 250w HPS kit and MH conversion bulb, though you may need stronger ventilation for heat control with a HID. Then get yourself some super-size kitty litter buckets (35-40 lb) and use those as your grow pots -- I recommend the kitty litter bins because they are square or rectangular and therefore can provide more root volume for each plant's footprint (no wasted space in between circular pots). Then just grow, don't try anything fancy -- the goal for your first grow should be to just go through the experience of bringing a plant all the way to harvest.

For future grows read DierWolf's new thread on LST and follow that. You will maximize your yield for that space that way.