Solo, Ascent Or Pinnacle Pro?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Madflayva, May 29, 2014.

1. #1 Madflayva, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Okay been racking my brain trying to decide on a new vape and have decided to go with a reliable portable for the time being.

Which of these would pack the best bang for buck using the same amount of product?

Also is there a hydrotube adaptor for the ascent and solo like there is for the pinnacle pro?

Thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Does the Solo have a glass/ceramic only path like the ascent?

Yes

4. No it does not.

5. #6 lFourTwenty, May 29, 2014

The solo doesn't have an all-glass air path?

6. It does have a glass stem which if you want to get in to semantics gives it a glass vapor path but the complete air path is not glass.

7. #8 lFourTwenty, May 29, 2014

The tasty vapor the solo gives is hard to beat..not to mention the price

8. I have to disagree here. The solo taste is middle of the road and degrades very fastly. My hammer easily blows it out of the water in that regard while being a cheaper vape.

For the question posed by the OP though the entire path of the solo is not glass just the stem. Comparing the solo and the ascent side by side the ascent does have the cleaner air path and imo a better flavor because of it.

9. I have a solo. Never tried the other 2. The solo is not all glass because of the heating chamber. The newer models are stainless steel and the older models were ceramic. I have 2 of the stainless steel ones. There is also a hydra tube available for purchase online called the f-bomb. Its effective and takes the solo to the next level.

That said, you don't really need it because it can fit into most bongs already. You can either buy the GonG adapter or just stick the stem in there.

The taste is usually good as long as you keep the stems somewhat clean. You don't have to clean them all the time just when they start getting yellow or start hitting less efficient. The taste is also dependent based on your weed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Go with the Solo or the Ascent. I can't recommend the Pinnacle as I've never used it, but I did use a Vaporblunt 2.0 which is done by the same company. I didn't have a good experience with that product so still, can't recommend the Pinnacle. What I didn't like about the VB 2.0 was it didn't give good hits, produced poor vapor, and worked just like my Pax. The Pax is a better unit than the VB 2.0. So no recommendations from Vaporblunt from me lol...

But Solo or Ascent, you can't really go wrong. 

11. #12 lwien, May 29, 2014
    A few things to keep in mind in regards to the Solo and the Ascent.      There's been more than the typical amount of issues regarding the Solo's reliablity as of late along with their seemingly lousy customer service if anything should go wrong so if you do decide to buy a Solo, do not buy it from Arizer but rather a retailer that will stand behind the product that they sell and one of the best is Randy over at PuffitUp.

Secondly, while I liked the taste of my Ascent, it did not have the kind of efficiency that I was looking for in a vape being that it was conduction based without the ability to intantly apply and stop any of the heating processes going on.   Also, the way the vape is designed, unless you pack a full bowl, the bud will go flying around the inside of the bowl when you hit it and will not vape properly since the bud needs to be in contact with the internal bowl surfaces.   The way around this with smaller loads is to use a spacer and I found using their glass oil cans without the lid accomplishes this quite well.     Great taste though with that all glass air and vapor path.

12. Thanks for all the input guys appreciate it, think I will go with the ascent and order one today

What size load fits in the chamber with the oil jar used as a spacer and how "medicated" can this amount get you? lol