Solar powered water pump?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Vincent Vega 7, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hello I have found solar powered pond fountains that could work but they kick on for 3 hours a day seems too long. Des any one know where to find one that turns on for only 10-15 a day or can set a timer or how to build one?

This is for my guerrilla grow I will be checking them once a week. Right next to a creek!

Any ideas?.

2. You can use the same timers for lights for pumps. Pick one up at Walmart for ten bucks ( or a reliable one at hydro store for 15) and set your on off times. Plug in water pump and bath in your self satisfaction

3. As for the solar part, maybe Canadian tire find a strong hook up and bat

4. No plugs I need it to run all solar

5. Timers run on batteries. I run one that opens every 12 hrs for 5 minutes. Run a hose from the pond to your timer. Then you'll run another hose from the timer to your plants. Even if you're thing is running the valve will be closed until the timer opens it. You'll likely want to not use a garden hose though. Go to the hydro shop they have small black line hoses its like 40 ft long. You buy the attachment where water flows in and then cut the black hose to connect to the 6 holes. This allows u to water 6 at a time. If u need more buy a seperate one and run a second hose through the first one rinse and repeat. They are less noticeable and have a smaller flow so you'll want to let em water for a while. These can be burried too

6. So how do I set this up? The timed valve and stuff this sounds awesome if I can get it to work

7. Ill try as best as I can but I'm on my phone. And this is just guessing using similar things I use for my 38 gal res minus the pump... you get the pump a small hose then a second bigger hose and then a water timer and some tripple a batteries. Connect the small hose to the pump and then connect the end to one side of the timer. The timer will have a second end so run you're larger hose on that end. Then set your timer. It allows u to set when it opens and for how long. Could open every hour up to 24 hrs and for as short as 1 min or up to 2 hrs. Even if water is tryin to be pumped through the small hose the timer will be closed. If you have multiple plants then you will need splitters to run multiple hoses

8. #8 ThomasWinfrey, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    I never used it. Is it working well?