Solar powered computer grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Chron Burgundy, Jan 10, 2016.

1. I've been smoking for almost a decade and I haven't considered growing until now. I want to attempt a small (two plants) grow but i'm worried about the spike in my electricity bill. I was wondering if I could purchase a 100w solar panel to use as my primary source of power. That way I could put it on my back porch and charge it each day to reduce the drastic change in my electricity bill. Any suggestions or warnings welcome, thanks.

2. CFL's and LED's both can help with a low electric bill while growing. Not sure how that solar panel will supply enough power.

3. How much wattage do you think I would pull per day for two plants?

4. im running about 300 actual watts of led, a 6" inline fan, and a small fan to circulate air in a tent. It costs me an extra $35-$40 a month. So i would think a pc grow might cost u $10 tops.

5. You would need to know how many amp hours you would need for a full cycle. Of you had 10 amps for 12 hours you would need roughly 120 amp hours to run your operation and that wouldn't even be incorporating how much you would need to gather to keep it going but most trickle type solar chargers wouldn't be able to replenish that type of load.

6. That's not too bad. I was working under the impression that it would be an extra fifty each month.

7. Yeah I might just do all electricity. Do you not think I could alternate between solar and electric?

8. Yes you could get yourself a solar panel and charger, deep cycle battery and a power inverter you can very well run your operation partially off the grid.