solar power?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by XxGanjaXXGOD, Jul 2, 2009.

1. i was thinking about the electricity problem and i think that i can hook the solar panels up to batterys and have like 4 or 5 batteries feed like 2-8 lights.what does everyone think?what kind of insulation do i need for an attic grow?i am also thinking about an underground grow.

any help

2. What kind of lights were you looking at? Without an inverter, you will be limited to 12V to 60V lights (depending on how you connect the batteries together). I have seen this question asked before. Try doing a seach on solar.

Good Luck

3. You could do a CFL grow, but HID/MH ballasts will blow up cheap inveters that change the 12v upto 110/220v (eg the converters you see for running electrical applicances off your vehicle's batterys when camping)

4. unless you spend a shit load of money to spend on solar panels and batterys dont bother.
    you could use led lights but still i wouldnt bother, way to expensive to set up.
    i have spent over $3000 on solar set up on my bus and can tell you that if you want to run lights for 12 hrs a day your gonna have to spend at least $40,000 to run an hps light.
    the major factor being, you dont want to discharge deep cycle batterys over 50% as it is bad for them, and replacing them ant cheep.
    stick with mains power, pay your bill and be happy you ant supporting gangs to smoke your weed.