Solar hits

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Paper Navigator, Nov 7, 2009.

1. I was just wondering...Is it possible to do solar hits with a regular household fluorescent light?

If not, is there any light that could be purchased for indoor solar hits?

Thanks.

P.S. for those who don't know, it's when you take a magnifying glass angle it so the light passes through it hitting your bowl, like menacing children killing ants:p

2. you need mad heat so Im pretty sure it only works with the sun
    definitley not with a normal solar light
    you might want to invest in some matches or a good lighter though, there are many modern fire making implements that you can use to do your bidding

3. they wouldn't be solar hits if you were using a light...and no i don't think that's possible unless you have a powerful laser light of some sort...:confused:

i'd just stick to using the sunnnn

4. I'm not an idiot dude, I know I can use matches and lighters to smoke...I just thought it'd be cool to do solar hits indoors

And I also know technically you can't do solar hits indoors, hence you don't have the sun, but what else did you want me to call it? haha

5. just open up a window and let the sun shine in
    voila, indoor solar hits

6. was just doin some solar hits this mourin with the toro was quite relaxin:smoking:

7. my step bro was talking about this,and he actually got a hit.he use a magnify glass.kinda like burning ants,but burning herb.don't try on windy days :smoking:

8. i was doing solar hits from my window the other day

solar hits ftw

9. need to get a magnifyiung glass so i can try this :cool:

10. i did a solar hit this morning.

i compared it to a BIC hit right after. its like a real boobie and fake boobie difference.

11. Love solar hits they taste like butter!

12. Climbed up on the garage the other day to bubble some hash. Solar hits are just grand.

13. Solar hits are indeed pretty nice, but only worth doing if you have a constant supply of sunlight (not cloudy or overcast). I doubt you'll be able to do it with a household fluorescent light as the light won't be intense enough, even with the magnifying glass.

Just stick to the magnifying glass, work out until you get a very nice small concentrated circle and happy toking :p

14. The sun is necessary for a "solar hit" hence the "solar" no light can produce heat like that except maybe an extremely powerfull laser pointer but that wouldn't be worth it unless you already own one. just use the sun bro

15. I know you're not an idiot, I was just making a joke

16. im gonna solar light a blunt when i find a glass.

just do it by the window.

17. solar hits are the epitome of douchebaggery, in my humble opinion. ;)

18. Buy yourself a 5Mw laser pointer, fry the resistor with a sodering iron and roast away.

Google it. There are tons of DIY guides.

19. yeah, i can see the future of weed smoking- everyone will be using super strong laser pointers to burn the weed.

20. I really want to do it now. I just want to see the look on my friends' faces when I load a bowl and then bust out a laser pointer.