Solar Hits??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by stevenballin, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Hey blades, i want to try solar hitting my tube. What kind of magnify glass do i need? Is there a specific one or just any big ass one would work?
    Thanks, Any links to amazon would be awesome most likely buying from there

2. yeah big ass one. makes sure it's a glass lens, not plastic or composite.

3. I've used a decent sized one for years.

Works like a charm. :cool:

4. dude go to the dollar store with five dollars....

why would you wait 2+ weeks for a cheap ass magnifying glass??

5. yeah unless you live in buttfuck, alaska, your town has a dollar store.

6. Oh i thought i had to buy like a Lab one or something, didn't know i could use dollar store ones. And with free amazon prime, Free 2 day shipping baby :D

7. I wonder if a jeweler's loupe would work. They have like 30X magnifying power, but the lens is very small in diameter. Plus, they are very portable. I might have to go digging to find my old one and check it out. We have SUN today in Seattle!!

8. Remember to wear sunglasses to prevent eye damage.

9. And remember to bring a towel!

10. larger diameter, easier to light bowls.

a jeweler's loupe wouldn't work.

11. #11 tstick, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    I just ordered a solar lighter from Amazon.

[​IMG]

People reviewed it and said it worked well. We'll see!

12. Solar hits are boss.

13. [quote name='"tstick"']I just ordered a solar lighter from Amazon.

People reviewed it and said it worked well. We'll see![/quote]

Whoa how does that work? Can I get a link to the amazon page?

14. #15 tstick, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Somehow, the link isn't working. Just go to Amazon and search for Kikkerland magnifying lighter

It appears that it's just a thin magnifier that flips out of a thin, metal sheath and it's made to look kinda like a regular lighter. Hey, the price was right so I thought I'd give it a try....I'll report back later when I get it (hopefully on a sunny day!) and update!

:)

15. [quote name='"tstick"']Somehow, the link isn't working. Just go to Amazon and search for Kikkerland magnifying lighter

It appears that it's just a thin magnifier that flips out of a thin, metal sheath and it's made to look kinda like a regular lighter. Hey, the price was right so I thought I'd give it a try....I'll report back later when I get it (hopefully on a sunny day!) and update!

:)[/quote]

I looked it up so the flint wheel looking thing just flips it out? In the pic I thought it did more. I guess its good for on the go, ill love to know how good it works when you get it and if its glass or plastic, I might be in for one for the car (solar hits and emergency fire starter!) :smoke:

16. I bet it IS plastic and yeah the "flint wheel" is just a disguise for a flip-up thing that makes the magnifier come out.

17. Never heard about solar hits, until now. It sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm definitely going to be trying this soon.

18. [quote name='"tstick"']I bet it IS plastic and yeah the "flint wheel" is just a disguise for a flip-up thing that makes the magnifier come out.[/quote]

If its plastic then I'm not getting it ha, and I just got a regular glass one and will try it my next day off since I'm gotta work all day

19. It just arrived and it's definitely a POS. DON'T get this thing. It sucks and it's really cheap and flimsy plastic. I'm going to try and light something if the sun comes back out!

:)