Solar Hits are the #1 method!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by orazio, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Honestly, more glass-blowers need to start producing sweet magnifying glasses for the sole purpose of toking with..

Solar hits.. a few key points to know in order to master the Solar-Hit.
    • Direct Sunlight - it doesn't have to be hot out, as long as you can see the sun and it's not obscured by clouds, it will work!
    • Position - envision a straight imaginary line going from your bowl surface, through the plane of the magnifying glass, and to the sun. You need to position your bowl directly towards the sun, so the line is direct.
    • Align Glass - You must keep the magnifying glass a specific distance from the bowl (practice by burning some leaves on the sidewalk to get an idea if you must) Once the light comes together as a circle over the bowl, it will take a few adjustments of your glass-hand to acquire the optimal angle. Tilt your glass slowly in a circular movement to get it right.
    If you are really not getting it you probably need to reposition yourself in a direct-sunlight-angle. OR your hand is too tense and is shaking too much, if so try sitting down and relaxing your elbow on your knee or something.
    • Solarize - When you have got it down, not a few seconds after see you will see smoke quickly rising from your bowl. This is the queue to -slowly- inhale, no need to rush. The sun's light is actually vibrationally energizing the smoke you inhale, and you are utilizing the most efficient source of all: LIGHT!
    • Do Not put the center of your focus on the sunlight-beam coming through the magnifying glass, rather relax your vision and look below or to the side of the bowl, so you can still see where the light is beaming. Squinting your eyes really helps. You don't want to hurt your eyes!

Well I think this is something that every ganja-lover should utilize whenever possible. To me nothing compares.. and there is a spiritually charged sense I get from such a clean and pure toke..

May sunny days bless you all
    Much Love

2. meh...Hakko is my #1 method of combustion

edit; you got an earth pipe too? ;)

3. #3 orazio, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    great for when the sun isn't shining, but if the sun's bright out. I assure you 100 % solar hits are superior in taste, efficiency, and high!
    I do have a sweet stone ;) just got a couch potato though and i love it

4. this forum is double posted theres another one in seasoned

5. that's a good idea blowers should make heady magnifying glasses

6. exactly!! I just asked a few people I know who can to make one.. i'll post pics if of one when i get one lol