Soiless PH,and runoff questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xDisciplex, Nov 26, 2012.

1. #1 xDisciplex, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    My well water PH is 8.3 straight from the faucet,and around 80ppm

If I water with this,or if I lower the water PH even as low as 4.5 no matter what the runoff will be 7.6 ish.

Does runoff matter?Is it telling me the PH of my soil is way to high?Whats going on here.

I'm consistantly recently having issues that look like PH issues.Up to,and including solid purple stems,and defoliation.Various yellowing that is not nitro def.Browning of leaf edges ect.

It just seems like a bunch of stuff locking out so It leads me to believe soil PH is an issue.

Unfortuneatly I do not have a soil PH meter.I was told I do not need PH stuff for "organic soil",but I'm finding this to be incorrect.IMO.

My current soil is 3 parts promix,1 part Coast of maine lobster compost,1 part EWC.2 pats perilite.Mixed with various amendments.

Biggest question is how do I lower the soil PH.Just PHing the water is not cutting it.

Note*

Before I knew promix had lime I did add extra lime to this soil as well.Figured I'd through that in there since lime raises PH yes?

2. :wave: Its the run-off that you need to fix.

Get the soil pH to around 6.8 and you should be good. I thought I had the worst water ever with a pH of 7.9!

Unfortuneatly I do not have a soil PH meter.I was told I do not need PH stuff for "organic soil",but I'm finding this to be incorrect.IMO.

^^^^^^^^^^^ I keep seeing this too, its bad advice

3. so let me ask you this... i PH my water to 6.5 and give my plant about a gallon.. the run off is 5.5.. so next time i give it water i want to up it to 7.5 so it will come out 6.5 and then just 6.5 from then on ? or should i continuously give it 6.5 until the whole thing settles at that ph ? ive just started PHing..

4. Thats what I do, only I like to get it closer to pH 7, pH 6.8 works very well :smoking:

5. Confused. You're referring to soil but your title says soilless?

More info needed - media, nutrition, etc?

J