Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Soil run off ph

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mexicanna, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Hey guys

Got a quick question for you. I'm coming to the end of my first 2 plants and I've just done a flush. I decided I may aswell test the run off. Anyway it came out to an even 5.0. Seems way low to me. So just so I don't make the same mistake next time ( if this is a mistake? ) what could be the reason for this. Was I a little heavy on the nutrients? The water I was using was always a constant 6.8 every time so I stopped checking. I know the nutes I was using lowered it to around 5.8 - 6.0. I was running the nutes on every feed at full strength in flower. The plants never developed any visual problems throughout. Organic soil and organic nutes.

[​IMG]

2. soil runoff, AFAIK, is going to be more acidic than the water thats going through every time. as long as your plants dont have any bad symptoms and look ok, i wouldnt worry about it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Those cheap ph pens have a habit of going out of calibration after a few days. You may be lucky but my advice is to buy calibration fluid and some kcl for storage. These things help a lot. Assuming that is your issue. If it's hunky dory then I would suggest a little bit lower pH in your nutrients solution. 6.8 seems a little high for my tastes. Between 6 and 6.5 is optimal for soil. Any higher and there will be root issues. I know slightly acidic soil promotes root growth so it's always better to err on the lower side of things. 6.1 - 6.3 would be my suggestion.

Sent from my Vodafone 985N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1