soil recomendation w/ $70 budget

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ClydeWalters, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Hey guys! so im germinating some Lowryder #2, and im curious about what kind of medium i could plant my babies in that would BEST benefit them!
    My current plans were to use 66%ocean forest / 33%perlite, with micorizea added in and nutrients down the line in the water.

can anyone point me in a better direction? i know this strain isnt too nute hungry, but how can i spoil my babies soil wise on a $70 budget?

2. Check out KIS Organics water only soil with biochar. It's like $40. Should be good for the entire grow with just water.

Growing Like There's No-Till-Morrow

• Like Like x 1
  3. really? water only? that sounds too good to be true..

4. How many plants ?
    This is your first indoor grow ?

5. nah not my first, and theres 3 feminized lowryder #2

6. this is my first where i have the time to put forth some effort tho

7. I have had allot better success growing using a DWC systems .

I think you could make a DIY DWC system for three plants for 70 bucks .
    Might be able to get started with a couple small bottles of Nutrients .
    But in 30 to 45 days you would have to buy more nutrients and in flowering some nutrients can be considered expensive .
    The Nutrients I use are Canna Terra aqua veg A and B plus Riztonic , then Canna terra aqua floral A and B plus Canna Terra Boost and Rock Resinator
    IMO the expensive Nutrients are worth it … My buds are nice sized and sticky .
    You should expect accelerated growth .
    From rooted clones , veg cycle is 45 days sometime 60 days if I want 5 foot plants in the last stages of budding .

After your first grow the system pays for itself , and then its about the cost of nutrients .
    IMO the DWC systems cost more to maintain the plants then Passive Compost or dirt grow systems.

You need three plastic totes from wal mart and fish tank air compressor's with three air stoned .
    Three plastic 3 inch grow baskets and a small bag of clay balls .
    Then the nutrients of your choice and some Cal mag depending on the water you use .

• Like Like x 1
  8. you know i absolutely wantd to go DWC but i fear there may be the occasional... have to stuff all the plants in the closet moments when a rando family member drops by (just leaving the possability of problems in full view in uckets of water... nah) so soil it is, their gunna be in tall but skinny 2 gallon pots too, itll work better for my situation. my stiuation is far from optimal

9. ...look into no till growing. You will be surprised.

I just finished my first round in no till soil. Final yield was just over 1 lb for a 4x4 space in just under 4 months...

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. This is a far better plan. KIS has a solid reputation. I would look into the Podcast on their (KIS) website and read through the beginner soil recipe pinned on the Organics page of grasscity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agreed, making your own soil is the way to go. I only suggested KIS because OP is on a budget. My soil mix cost around $300 but should last a good 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HTG supply had Great Lakes water only soil on sale last I knew. Can’t comment on its effectiveness but looked like it had a good mix

$14.99 per cf (7.5 gallons)

13. Lowryder #2 was the first and only auto strain I've ever grown. Back then Lowryder 1&2 were really the only auto options. They don't yield much and don't need much at all.

You could cut open a bag of Roots Organics (even just the 1.5c.f. bag) for 12-20 bucks and call it a day. You could also grab a bag of EWC or compost a 4lb box of kelp and alfalfa and still be under budget.

I'd almost bet a bag of Roots alone would be water only. If you grabbed the 3.0 c.f it would certainly be water only.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've used Great Lakes Water Only with success. I did feed some bloom nutes early into flowering for a boost. I just picked up a fresh supply for next go around.

• Like Like x 1
  15. you used the water only with autos or regular? did you ever top it or add anything

• Like Like x 1
  16. did you make a super soil or use a water only soil

17. did you make a super soil or use a water only soil

18. They are the same thing.

19. i meab did you make your own or buy prebagged like KiS

20. I made my own soil. It's more expensive but you get to customize the mix.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1