1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

soil question

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by the weed man, Jul 11, 2004.

1. ok well the other week i go to the hardware store to get some soil to plant my new seeds in and i was going to get regular potting soil but i decided to try miracle grow potting mix. now my question is since its a mix of potting soil and miracle grow plant food do i still need to fertilize every 2 weeks or is it less often, or do i just use miracle grow plant food?
    thanks

2. I hate to say it, but you bought the wrong kind of soil. Slow-release nutes like that can and usually will give your plant nute burn. What is the premixed NPK ratio? If it's low enough, there should be no problem. I use soil with extremely small traces of NPK, under .2 each.

As for actually giving the plants ferts, I would still give them to 'em, but a bit less than you would otherwise have.

~Lycanthropy

3. if youve already planted in that soil, you could always flush the soil, i heard its pretty effective in washing out slow release ferts. just dont forget to fert again in a couple of days with a very diluted solution, high in N

4. well i guess the npk ratio is fine because they seem to be very healthy right now. i guees ill use regular potting soil when i transplant them into larger pots.

Grasscity Deals Near You