soil question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by the weed man, Jul 11, 2004.

1. ok well the other week i go to the hardware store to get some soil to plant my new seeds in and i was going to get regular potting soil but i decided to try miracle grow potting mix. now my question is since its a mix of potting soil and miracle grow plant food do i still need to fertilize every 2 weeks or is it less often, or do i just use miracle grow plant food?
    thanks

2. I hate to say it, but you bought the wrong kind of soil. Slow-release nutes like that can and usually will give your plant nute burn. What is the premixed NPK ratio? If it's low enough, there should be no problem. I use soil with extremely small traces of NPK, under .2 each.

As for actually giving the plants ferts, I would still give them to 'em, but a bit less than you would otherwise have.

~Lycanthropy

3. if youve already planted in that soil, you could always flush the soil, i heard its pretty effective in washing out slow release ferts. just dont forget to fert again in a couple of days with a very diluted solution, high in N

4. well i guess the npk ratio is fine because they seem to be very healthy right now. i guees ill use regular potting soil when i transplant them into larger pots.