Soil Question(s) for the Seasoned Grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pauvro, May 1, 2008.

1. Greetings fellow blades, I require your generous assistance once again.

I dug a few holes yesterday at about 1-1/2 or 2 feet, and today when I went back to the spot, it was filled with an inch or two of water.

What should I do about this?

I thought of waiting to see if perhaps it was just rainwater that would eventually drain. If it is not though maybe I can just build a mound to raise the plant? I would really like to use this spot so any advice on how to make it work would be great.

Also, the soil is of a clay consistency, so I scouted the area to find some more light and workable soil. I have some at the site and am ready to mix it in but is there anything else I should do? The soil at the bottom of the holes I was digging was pretty gray, and I've heard that means it isn't very nutrient rich? What would you guys do with this site to make it work?

Thank you for any light you can shed on this matter. :cool:

2. I delt with this problem earlier this season. I would not recomend growing there. I believe what you are describing is the water table. You have dug deep enough ho basically hit the water line in that particular area. Knowing this, I assume you have a large water body very very close by. The clay also proves this to me. I had this exact same problem with the same exact precursors. Do not grow there. The roots will start to rot once they hit that water line, and there is nothing (that you would want) to fill in the hole to give you good results. Sorry man. Try 100ft further from the water source.

3. Alright man, it's just that I'm wanting to get these plants out ASAP and am in a squeeze for prime spots, but I'll keep looking and hope to find one drier. Thanks for the sage advice :).